I want to see the Rams

• HTML tutorial

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I didn’t get to work on my project last weekend. Yesterday I got to spend a few hours on it. Installed my air tank. Sandwiched a plate of galvanized I had in between the box and air tank to hopefully put a little protection in for the battery and compressor. I managed to order the wrong air fittings, the new ones should be here next weekend. Got all of my wiring for the compressor and pressure switch hooked up. The extra going into the bed is coiled up so I can run it through when I set the bed on next weekend. Mounted the pressure switch remote so that it’s not supported by the fitting just bouncing around.
076477AF-8AB1-48CD-8EA0-0C7B1953F48D.jpegEA9762CD-423E-4691-86C4-042E8CF9D9EC.jpeg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I didn’t get to work on my project last weekend. Yesterday I got to spend a few hours on it. Installed my air tank. Sandwiched a plate of galvanized I had in between the box and air tank to hopefully put a little protection in for the battery and compressor. I managed to order the wrong air fittings, the new ones should be here next weekend. Got all of my wiring for the compressor and pressure switch hooked up. The extra going into the bed is coiled up so I can run it through when I set the bed on next weekend. Mounted the pressure switch remote so that it’s not supported by the fitting just bouncing around.
View attachment 190260View attachment 190261
It's coming along nicely. Are you doing a single compressor, or twin?

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
2012 ram 1500 with 331,000 miles and still going strong. Stocker
2020 ram 2500 Power Wagon, Randy Ellis bar, KC lights amber fronts, Factor 55 shackle mounts front and rear, Baja Designs rear ambers, Amp steps, Trustmade RTT with custom mounts, that’s in so far. Kings and 35s are coming soon
Love them both

Attachments

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 diesel - we call it 'Brutus'. Heavy springs, sway bar, and Rancho adjustable shocks, enough power that it doesn't even notice the camper, which is the smallest Lance makes. We've car camped over 30 years and finally decided a little luxury is ok. Photo taken at Toroweap campground - one of many on that long list of 'someday we gotta go back there!' places.

Toroweap1.jpeg in the back country for

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 diesel - we call it 'Brutus'. Heavy springs, sway bar, and Rancho adjustable shocks, enough power that it doesn't even notice the camper, which is the smallest Lance makes. We've car camped over 30 years and finally decided a little luxury is ok. Photo taken at Toroweap campground - one of many on that long list of 'someday we gotta go back there!' places.

View attachment 190530 in the back country for
Nice!

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

View attachment 190530 in the back country for
That is a good looking truck. I am kind of partial to white dodges.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Looks like you’re pretty partial to the whole set up. Truck and cabover camper. Cabovers are nice. Always thought that putting one on the front of a gooseneck trailer and having an open garage space behind it would be an awesome setup for a base camp.
No kidding!

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Looks like you’re pretty partial to the whole set up. Truck and cabover camper. Cabovers are nice. Always thought that putting one on the front of a gooseneck trailer and having an open garage space behind it would be an awesome setup for a base camp.
Yes - very partial to it, mainly because at total length of 22 ft, it is very nimble for its size. I mean, it's not a Suzuki Samurai or a jeep, but it handles any Forest Service road on the Kaibab Plateau just fine. The most challenging road we've attempted was the climb up to Twin Lakes in Washington on NF-3065 off SR542. Had to back-and-fill on 3 of the 5 switchbacks. But the trip was worth it. Photos attached.
Twin Lakes Rd.JPG

Attachments