DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Yes - very partial to it, mainly because at total length of 22 ft, it is very nimble for its size. I mean, it's not a Suzuki Samurai or a jeep, but it handles any Forest Service road on the Kaibab Plateau just fine. The most challenging road we've attempted was the climb up to Twin Lakes in Washington on NF-3065 off SR542. Had to back-and-fill on 3 of the 5 switchbacks. But the trip was worth it. Photos attached.
View attachment 190665
Nice!

Harleyrgs

Rank 0

Contributor I

Staten Island, NY, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Rorro
I want to the rams! Preferably 1500s but it doesn't matter.

Here is my '14 Ram 1500 lonestar 5.7 4x4 crew cab with the 5'7" bed (the only thing I dont like about it)
20x10x -24 wrapped in 35x12.5x20
2" leveling kit
Body armor bumper and lights
Cowl induction hood
Led headlights
Tuned
I have a dedicated tablet mounted to run maps and gauges on dash.
Bed cover
Tool box (tools, towing gear, heater, grill, stove,air compressor, inverter)
Bed lights and 12v plugs
Bed mounted axe, shovel and fishing rods

View attachment 130555View attachment 130557View attachment 130558View attachment 130559View attachment 130560View attachment 130561View attachment 130562View attachment 130563View attachment 130564

Reactions: Tuck1562

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Here's my 99 1500, I'm just barely getting into overlanding and haven't added any upgrades yet but parts are on the way
How is the dashboard? I had one for years, ordered it new. I put a dash mat on it the first week of ownership. About 2016 I was cleaning the windshield and hit it. With my hand and got a fist size hole it. I found out it was a standard problem,

Honeybadger762

Rank II

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Here's my 99 1500, I'm just barely getting into overlanding and haven't added any upgrades yet but parts are on the way
How is the dashboard? I had one for years, ordered it new. I put a dash mat on it the first week of ownership. About 2016 I was cleaning the windshield and hit it. With my hand and got a fist size hole it. I found out it was a standard problem,
The dash is in pretty good condition, I've only had it about a year and it already had the dash mat, I would bet with the condition it's in the dash was probably replaced at some point, I know the the plastic on these become extremely brittle over time, by the time I got rid of my 97, the dash had to have been in at least 20 pieces

Reactions: MMc

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Sold my 2007 Cummins this weekend. I miss it already. It is in good hands though A guy in our dodge group bought it.

Ramstein 1.jpg

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I’d probably sell the wife before I sold my truck. Rear ends good. Comes with one of those aftermarket sway bra disconnects. Actually helps with handling too. Oh yeah trucks. I got the bed put back on mine this weekend.
View attachment 191474
PS don’t tell my wife I said I’d sell her. She’d beat me up.
Ha!

OverDavidLand

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
Have is my donor RAM ready to start turning into a monster. This is when she was new. I rented a Patriot and took her straight to the desert to get dirty.

First mods will be:
  • Nutso - RAMBOX - series Expedition Truck Bed Rack (have a build slot)
  • Chassis Unlimited - OCTANE - series front bumper with an absurd amount of lights

I got rid of the stock tires (pictured below) and did some decal work for fun (both in the profile picture).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Have is my donor RAM ready to start turning into a monster. This is when she was new. I rented a Patriot and took her straight to the desert to get dirty.

First mods will be:

• Nutso RAMBOX series Expedition Truck Bed Rack (have a build slot)
  • Chassis Unlimited OCTANE series front bumper with an absurd amount of lighting

I got rid of the stock tires (pictured below) and did some decal work for fun (both in the profile picture).
Nice!

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Decided to install a winch on my Rebel. Also decided I am cheap. Also thought I should still have some of my skills left I am a Millwright, even though I am a stupidvisor nowadays. So picked up a winch off of Amazon 12000 TYT with synthetic line. Had a chunk of 7" channel from work, fired up the old welder and went to work. This was a 2 day project 1 day to build the mount 1 day for install. I had to add these little hook tabs as I was unable to lift up the bumper mount and winch as one unit by myself for the install all in all it went well till I tested winch and motor turned but nothing happened. Turned out when I clocked the freespool mechanism the drive gear slipped off. First point of concern of my cheapness possibly biting me. It turned out ok thankfully. But I had to remove winch fix it then reinstall, so that took some effort and creativity.

All in all I am in this for 375$ CDN so far. I am very happy with it so far I also put a master disconnect under the hood as I have had bad experiences with solidstate Soliniods draining batteries.
63743851361__C09064CA-05B6-4ABC-9EE5-B9B152D9D974.jpgIMG_2662.jpg
63777549994__F99C1BB6-5D79-4A02-8428-B1E565E87256.jpgIMG_2665.jpg63743856481__7BD3927C-3D9C-42E2-A147-3C29FD6F15B9.jpg63779205923__3FE0C511-F7BD-4577-B846-961EAE41B6B2.fullsizerender.jpg

Attachments

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Decided to install a winch on my Rebel. Also decided I am cheap. Also thought I should still have some of my skills left I am a Millwright, even though I am a stupidvisor nowadays. So picked up a winch off of Amazon 12000 TYT with synthetic line. Had a chunk of 7" channel from work, fired up the old welder and went to work. This was a 2 day project 1 day to build the mount 1 day for install. I had to add these little hook tabs as I was unable to lift up the bumper mount and winch as one unit by myself for the install all in all it went well till I tested winch and motor turned but nothing happened. Turned out when I clocked the freespool mechanism the drive gear slipped off. First point of concern of my cheapness possibly biting me. It turned out ok thankfully. But I had to remove winch fix it then reinstall, so that took some effort and creativity.

All in all I am in this for 375$ CDN so far. I am very happy with it so far I also put a master disconnect under the hood as I have had bad experiences with solidstate Soliniods draining batteries.
View attachment 192171View attachment 192172
View attachment 192173View attachment 192174View attachment 192175View attachment 192176
Vert nice! I guess there is a reason somebody put you in charge.

• Haha
Reactions: Mekcanix

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

View attachment 192171View attachment 192172
View attachment 192173View attachment 192174View attachment 192175View attachment 192176
Outstanding!