I want to see the Rams

• HTML tutorial

Drkhrts

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Looks nice. Are you concerned about the battery placement in close proximity to the exhaust? It'll definitely keep it warm in the winter!
It’s got plenty of room and has to be cooler than under the hood- did 1400 miles towing and some trail fun with no issues. Even went through baker at 111*. No issues other then 4 mpg towing up the grades.

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
It’s got plenty of room and has to be cooler than under the hood- did 1400 miles towing and some trail fun with no issues. Even went through baker at 111*. No issues other then 4 mpg towing up the grades.
Good Deal!...except for that MPG - OUCH! Ha

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

So for the above truck its a 2016 5.7 with 3.92's and 121000 kms on the clock thats 75000 miles.
The dealer who had it for sale had pulled the air suspension out of it as our winters are not kind to the system and they fail constantly up here.
After owning it for a week I installed a leveling kit in the front.
So this is my DD plus tows my NoBo TT which is all of 4500 pounds
it has a soft tonneau on the back and I have already installed my swing out tool box

Any suggestions?
I am thinking right now the wish list is
Vice design hidden winch mount with 12000 winch
hard tonneau
35's
convert the existing air system to something I can use when camping, but I am unsure if thats even possible

Also has anyone else have any experience with the hard down shift 2-1 when coming to a slow stop? I read on the forums thats its like that for fuel saving or the trans has to be replaced soooo yeah I would like some real world folks to let me know their thoughts please

kiloxraysierra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Sinclair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KXS
Also has anyone else have any experience with the hard down shift 2-1 when coming to a slow stop? I read on the forums thats its like that for fuel saving or the trans has to be replaced soooo yeah I would like some real world folks to let me know their thoughts please
My 2017 did this fairly noticeably when I first got it, but it either went away or I’ve unconsciously changed how I slow down to avoid it. Don’t think I’d replace the transmission because of it.

Reactions: Mekcanix

shskr

Rank II

Traveler III

Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Frank
Last Name
DiGiovanni
So for the above truck its a 2016 5.7 with 3.92's and 121000 kms on the clock thats 75000 miles.
The dealer who had it for sale had pulled the air suspension out of it as our winters are not kind to the system and they fail constantly up here.
After owning it for a week I installed a leveling kit in the front.
So this is my DD plus tows my NoBo TT which is all of 4500 pounds
it has a soft tonneau on the back and I have already installed my swing out tool box

Any suggestions?
I am thinking right now the wish list is
Vice design hidden winch mount with 12000 winch
hard tonneau
35's
convert the existing air system to something I can use when camping, but I am unsure if thats even possible

I believe I experienced that at first and the dealership did a pcm update and it still does it but not as hard.

Reactions: Mekcanix

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

I just got to say, I’m so impressed with Trailready bumpers. I had one on my 2nd gen, but these 5th gens are just bulky. I didn’t want something hanging way out there. I also wanted gloss to go with the midnight theme of the truck. Went with just a base bumper so the front camera wouldn’t be impeded. Now just need to finish wiring lights...

Attachments

MOVE.OVERland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

Service Branch
Army vet
Well i made some drawers. I'm not finished but they work great. I still need to add dividers and pull it back out and paint it. I also added pole holders that have to be my favorite part about the drawers. While fishing, this deer just walked up and wouldn't leave, I might have to start using catfish bait on the deer stand. lol

Attachments

xemrac

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Schmelzer
2020 Laramie HD build and some various pics of a trek I just completed out west to the Grand Canyon:

DiamondBack SE Bedcover
KB VooDoo Alumax Rack - 14"H x 70"L
iKamper SkyCamp 2x
Titan 52g Fuel Tank Replacement
Carli 2.5" Leveling Kit w/ Coils & Fox 2.0 Shocks
Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x20x12.5
Black Rhino Primm 20 x 9.5
WeBoost Drive 4G-X OTR

readytogo.jpgreadytogo2.jpgnavajonationaz.jpgpalodurocanyontx.jpgvalleyofthegods.jpgwindwhistleutah.jpg

Last edited:

xemrac

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Schmelzer
I just got to say, I’m so impressed with Trailready bumpers. I had one on my 2nd gen, but these 5th gens are just bulky. I didn’t want something hanging way out there. I also wanted gloss to go with the midnight theme of the truck. Went with just a base bumper so the front camera wouldn’t be impeded. Now just need to finish wiring lights...
That bumper really does look great. It looks like all of your sensors are still functional also? Just returned from a trip where I had an unplanned meeting w/ a Pronghorn at 70mph, so a front bumper is now on my short list!

Reactions: ChambersFamily

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

That bumper really does look great. It looks like all of your sensors are still functional also? Just returned from a trip where I had an unplanned meeting w/ a Pronghorn at 70mph, so a front bumper is now on my short list!
I love seeing another 5th gen on here! Yeah I highly recommend them, the fit was spot on and not too bulky. All the sensors are in and working I couldn't ask for a better setup

aaronefsmith

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Moraga, CA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6AEF (previously KN6KOC)
Super stoked - just picked up my power wagon yesterday after a long time of looking. No better time for a road trip to Sunriver, OR - obligatory photo with Mt Shasta in background. Having been driving my 06 4Runner for all these years the tech in this rig is insane. Two items on short list - camper shell the dog/gear and white knuckle rockers.

Attachments

xemrac

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Schmelzer
Super stoked - just picked up my power wagon yesterday after a long time of looking. No better time for a road trip to Sunriver, OR - obligatory photo with Mt Shasta in background. Having been driving my 06 4Runner for all these years the tech in this rig is insane. Two items on short list - camper shell the dog/gear and white knuckle rockers.
Awesome rig man - congrats; keep us updated on the mods!

Reactions: hfd376