US
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

Service Branch
Army vet
I like the boxes? are those metal ? or plastic? I'm looking foir something like that for my 74 power wagon build...
They are plastic, and so far I absolutely love them. I had a regular toolbox in the bed, but with the bed cover on, I never wanted to use it. To much trouble, rolling up the cover, climbing up into the bed, and rolling the cover back down. Nope. Now I actually use my boxes!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My 74 powerwagon, swapped a 92 full truck motor trans transfer harness dash , heavy duty Dana 44 s 32 in ats starting my bed bars and stuff nowView attachment 137652
Does it have a lift kit ? I have an 84 Ram 250 that needs new or lift springs on the front because my 305/70/16's hit the front finder bottom edge when I turn. I haven't found any springs with less than 4" lift and I don't need that much. So what did you do ?

Reactions: Maddog74

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
My 74 powerwagon, swapped a 92 full truck motor trans transfer harness dash , heavy duty Dana 44 s 32 in ats starting my bed bars and stuff nowView attachment 137652
Awesome rig. Very jealous. I have had so many Powerwagons, Ramchargers, and Trailduster. Mine were bought when I was young and thought they would just always be there.

Anxious to see your build and adventures with your ADVENTURER

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Does it have a lift kit ? I have an 84 Ram 250 that needs new or lift springs on the front because my 305/70/16's hit the front finder bottom edge when I turn. I haven't found any springs with less than 4" lift and I don't need that much. So what did you do ?

You should be able to find a local spring shop that can make a set of springs for the lift and spring rate you want. A lot of the guys in my old Jeepster Commando group had to do that.

Maddog74

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Lemoore, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

Thanks
Awesome rig. Very jealous. I have had so many Powerwagons, Ramchargers, and Trailduster. Mine were bought when I was young and thought they would just always be there.

Anxious to see your build and adventures with your ADVENTURER
work in progress....
man yea I think it is basically a 4 in , I have trimmed front of the wheel well just a lil

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
You should be able to find a local spring shop that can make a set of springs for the lift and spring rate you want. A lot of the guys in my old Jeepster Commando group had to do that.
That's my problem, no local shops within 150 miles. I've been online with every spring maker I could and all tell me "send me your springs and we will re-arch them". The freight charge alone there and back cost more than springs you can buy (for other makes). On closer examination of this truck picture I can see he has chopped off the fender of his truck for clearance. Exactly what I don't want to do.
Living rural has its setbacks. He didn't say if he has a lift or not. I'll probably just make some longer shackles in the front or buy a single leaf that is supposed to add 2" to the height. I don't like rinky dink methods and I consider both methods just that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brewbud

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks

work in progress....

man yea I think it is basically a 4 in , I have trimmed front of the wheel well just a lil
Thanks, it looks lifted especially for a 150 series truck. The height looks just right and very close to what my height is now. I just have an age sag in the front. See post #34 on page #2 of this thread.

Reactions: Maddog74

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks man! Yeah I have owned it for 20 years and have no intention of getting rid of it! Works great! Had it out in the dez over the weekend...pic in Sandstone Canyon.View attachment 140959
Neato, I'll bet a year dosent go by that you dont make improvements on it. Reminds me of good big delicious Hamburger that makes your mouth water.

Reactions: yj4roks

Maddog74

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Lemoore, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

Reactions: HUMΛN