Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I saw, and read, the thread about the Jeep wave and how a lot of Jeepers aren't doing it right. I'll spare you the details as the thread is in the general section here and doesn't need to be repeated. Anywho, it got me thinking. Why should the Jeepers have all the fun? Don't get me wrong, it's cool that Jeepers have that comradery. But it's a brand comradery, and not really what the OB life is about. Again, don't miss my point here. Jeepers should keep on keepin' on. Do your wave and continue to spread the Jeep vibes.

BUT! I propose we here on OB take it a step further. I present to you, the OB Wave. What is the OB Wave?

See a Jeep and you drive an Isuzu? WAVE
See a Beetle with a roof top tent? WAVE
See a Motorcycle with sleeping bags and a tent? WAVE
See a minivan with a National Park sticker somewhere on it? WAVE
And the most obvious: See an OB sticker/emblem? Pull in to the nearest coffee shop/bar and have a drink with each other. Or just wave if time is short :wink:

Let's promote more than our own brand affiliations. Lets promote the outdoors by making everyone who tries to get outside in their own way feel like they belong.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I do the OB "sup"nod, modifications will be made for the wave.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I do this, and I get the wave from jeeps sometimes also, which is cool.

Doesn't hurt to wave, half the folks are just clueless and not situationally aware, some are confused, but to people that appreciate it.. its awesome. So great idea!

Reactions: ShawnR

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I get excited when I get a wave, and do my best to wave back. I've even been known to roll down the window, stick my arm out and wave!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Cpl J

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
I saw, and read, the thread about the Jeep wave and how a lot of Jeepers aren't doing it right. I'll spare you the details as the thread is in the general section here and doesn't need to be repeated. Anywho, it got me thinking. Why should the Jeepers have all the fun? Don't get me wrong, it's cool that Jeepers have that comradery. But it's a brand comradery, and not really what the OB life is about. Again, don't miss my point here. Jeepers should keep on keepin' on. Do your wave and continue to spread the Jeep vibes.

BUT! I propose we here on OB take it a step further. I present to you, the OB Wave. What is the OB Wave?

And the most obvious: See an OB sticker/emblem? Pull in to the nearest coffee shop/bar and have a drink with each other. Or just wave if time is short :wink:

Let's promote more than our own brand affiliations. Lets promote the outdoors by making everyone who tries to get outside in their own way feel like they belong.
Works for me,

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk