Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
My wife actually ordered it. We reserved a Bronco years ago it seems. We finally got the message it was time to order. We might even get it this year. We’re getting a Big Bend model with Mid level trim, the 2.7 engine and Sasquatch. The first two are good to bring it earlier. Getting the 2.7 and Sasquatch push it back. Good thing we didnt want the high level trim and such, that might be next January.

But we did walk out with this

9A50A436-3D8C-45F4-BFDC-E4F0F3FC5392.jpeg

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

That’s awesome! I’m curious, did they have a floor model to drive? I’m assuming folks aren’t putting down serious money without so much as a test drive, are they? Except for a few prototypes floating around, seems like vaporware. Hope it all works out!

• Haha
Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Our local dlaler had one Sport model, which is Escape based. I suppose we could have driven a Ranger to sorta get a feel for it.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Very nice hat! I still want to see it up close before I put a order in for one. It would be for the wife

Reactions: RoarinRow

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Very nice hat! I still want to see it up close before I put a order in for one. It would be for the wife
It’s going to be a while. Ford isn’t allowing dealer orders even. Only for individual buyers who reserved. If we’re lucky, it’ll be October. We’re supposed to know more in late May.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Well we arent in a rush so we have time to wait but im excited to see your new build.

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
I've been eyeing a 2 door Bronco. Really too bad about the delays, I think Ford is trying it's hardest to deal with 'rona issues and getting the new F-150 out to market.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The entire auto industry is behind the 8-ball. They slowed/stopped computer chip orders thinking demand would fall off. It didn't. However, the chip makers shifted to other things, and can't just turn on a dime to bring the supply back.

Reactions: Anak

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I'm not even in the market right now but am looking forward to testdriving one sometime in the future. They look great. Congrats on the order. Can't wait to see your adventures with it!

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
The entire auto industry is behind the 8-ball. They slowed/stopped computer chip orders thinking demand would fall off. It didn't. However, the chip makers shifted to other things, and can't just turn on a dime to bring the supply back.
Yep.

This happens to be part of The Bride's job.

Another facet to this is the fact that the auto industry is a fairly small, low volume customer (relatively speaking, in comparison to other chip using industries), and their chips tend to have special requirements which further complicate their production.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Very nice! Congratulations! The new Bronco is a great rig. Curious when it will come to Europe!