Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Jeep responded already. They put an 8 cylinder in a Rubicon. Oh, and...they've had the market cornered with no domestic competition since at least the 1990's - longer if you consider the last generations of the Bronco and Blazer were not offroad oriented.

So, to me, Jeep Wrangler is kind of like the Borg. They just go on doing whatever they are doing because they know this puny attack cant shake them and likely wont last.
Not to say I dont like the new Bronco. Love it! But jeep CJ / Wrangler has been at it since 1941, Bronco didnt kick in until the 60's, died with the 90's. From thier perspective, what are the chances this new Bronco will hurt them long term? Sure, a dip in sales the first couple years maybe but will Ford follow through for even the next 30 years? The next 13, even? Or will they pull a GM, and make something everyone is excited about and pull the plug because it didnt absolutely level the competition in the first 3 years? (I'm looking at you, EV1 of the 1999's!)
No doubt Jeep is the leader and the bar is set very high. I agree that nobody has presented a true challenge to Jeep. Even if the Bronco dies again, at the very least it'll prompt Jeep to continue innovating and keep them from becoming complacent. Competition between the manufacturers is good for customers.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Congratulations on the order! One of my buddies keeps pushing off ordering one but I'm hoping its soon.
Like others have said, I just hope Ford continues it for a while unlike Toyota pulling the plug on the FJC. A new and improved FJC with a removable top, a Bronco, and a Jeep would make for some fun battles and continued engineering development.

Homebowlking

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Allan
Member #

We ordered a Black Diamond in February. Due to Ford's issues with hard tops, we went with a soft top for now; had we held out for the hard top, it would've pushed the wait further back. Just received notice of having a VIN assigned and build date in October. It's getting close, FINALLY!
Congratulations.
You are going to be so happy when you get it. I absolutely love mine and can assure you they are worth the wait.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We have two in stock at our local dealer, one is base model 4 door in dark blue, the other is a base model but with a nice lift and 35s, but it's not the squatch package. They did it themselves as it's 1/4 the price of the way overpriced ford offering.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I saw one last weekend at the dealer with a $ 15,000 markup ABOVE sticker.

$ 71,000.00.

Not ever...
I agree, that's too rich for my blood. But what version was it and whith what options?

A GMC K2500 Sierra Denali can fetch that price. Then again I wouldn't buy a new Denali, either

HallnAz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arizona, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hall
Some of these units should have been rolling in by now. How happy are the customers?
We took possession at the end of October. We've had it offroad once: vehicle/function familiarization for me and training/learning experience for my wife. On road - it handles fantastic, especially with the lift and large tires. It's toooo soon to speak of offroading, due to time allowance and not wanting to "AZ pinstripe" the hell out of it (still looking for trails that won't pinstripe but still offer challenges). Like everything, it has it's quirks, depending on what your experiences are. The soft top has noise, a little noise only heard when radio is off; but by comparison, my 2015 JK 2dr has a soft top and 1/2 doors...so anything is quiet in comparison :smirk:. Space-wise, it feels like it has greater interior room to move within the seats. the arm positions on the door are softer/angled better than the hard spots on the JK. I can't speak of rear-leg room differences as I have a 2 door to compare it to but from what I've seen/read, it's as roomy, if not roomier than the Jeeps. We got the 2.7 and there really is no comparison to the 3.6; acceleration, top speed, shift points...all are excellent; Ford is having a few issues with some engines but it's not the norm. I'm not a fanboy of any brand, I buy for what I want to use/need. Ford is struggling with some items here/there but it's been a good vehicle for US.... I do look forward to seeing what Jeep does in response, aside from throwing an over-priced Hemi in it :tongueout:.

Reactions: WilhelmB

HallnAz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arizona, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hall
We have two in stock at our local dealer, one is base model 4 door in dark blue, the other is a base model but with a nice lift and 35s, but it's not the squatch package. They did it themselves as it's 1/4 the price of the way overpriced ford offering.
It's not too far off from the pricing when you see all you get (it's not just big tires/lift). Yes, it has a lift and 35" tires BUT it includes: beadlock rims (not a standard rim), their High Offroad Speed Suspension (HOSS), upgraded gearing (4.7 vs xxx) and locking differentials on both front and rear. If you price it out individually, I think it would be more expensive after-market; and this is ordered from the factory, negating any "after-market parts warranty issues" (I know, they'll deny claim whenever they can).

As far as overpricing the sticker price....if it's a buyer reject or if the dealer obtains it seperately, good on them to charge high; it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. If they're up-charging orders above msrp, that's bad business and needs to stop.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

We took possession at the end of October. We've had it offroad once: vehicle/function familiarization for me and training/learning experience for my wife. On road - it handles fantastic, especially with the lift and large tires. It's toooo soon to speak of offroading, due to time allowance and not wanting to "AZ pinstripe" the hell out of it (still looking for trails that won't pinstripe but still offer challenges). Like everything, it has it's quirks, depending on what your experiences are. The soft top has noise, a little noise only heard when radio is off; but by comparison, my 2015 JK 2dr has a soft top and 1/2 doors...so anything is quiet in comparison :smirk:. Space-wise, it feels like it has greater interior room to move within the seats. the arm positions on the door are softer/angled better than the hard spots on the JK. I can't speak of rear-leg room differences as I have a 2 door to compare it to but from what I've seen/read, it's as roomy, if not roomier than the Jeeps. We got the 2.7 and there really is no comparison to the 3.6; acceleration, top speed, shift points...all are excellent; Ford is having a few issues with some engines but it's not the norm. I'm not a fanboy of any brand, I buy for what I want to use/need. Ford is struggling with some items here/there but it's been a good vehicle for US.... I do look forward to seeing what Jeep does in response, aside from throwing an over-priced Hemi in it :tongueout:.

What else does Jeep HAVE to do? I beleive we are looking at a 1980's, 90's Japanese import situation here. All Toyota and Honda had to do was keep doing what they were doing. The American cars had to catch up on quality and fuel efficiency, and even when they did, word had to spread and trust had to be developed.

Jeep has been doing this since 1941 with the originals, the CJ's and Wranglers. Ford jumped in during the 1960's. Then jumped out of this market well over 25 years ago. And just for back in and are experiencing issues with hard tops and engines. This on again, off again, on again stuff? Ford is the one that has to prove themselves here. Jeep could make no changes at all for the next 5 years and still have the market cornered. The Hemi is a game changer. Jeep has an "Overland" trim level. Imagine if they made that trim level live up to its name and produce something official and ready made that is like the GMC Canyon's Overlandx on the That would about catapult Jeep Gladiator platform? Or even the 4 door wrangler? What else IS there to do?

Aside from what Toyhas already accomplished with the Tacoma and 4Runner, the only thing I could see that would truly threaten Jeep Wrangler is if Ford stays the course for decades with the Bronco, and if Chevy hadn't botched the new Blazer and made a real K5, and if Ford went one better and made a full sizee Bronco 2 door as well.

By the way, the FJ looks like it could return in electric form.

But I am rooting for the new Fors Bronco. I really am

DustyDawg

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States
First Name
rex
Last Name
rodwell
We took possession at the end of October. We've had it offroad once: vehicle/function familiarization for me and training/learning experience for my wife. On road - it handles fantastic, especially with the lift and large tires. It's toooo soon to speak of offroading, due to time allowance and not wanting to "AZ pinstripe" the hell out of it (still looking for trails that won't pinstripe but still offer challenges). Like everything, it has it's quirks, depending on what your experiences are. The soft top has noise, a little noise only heard when radio is off; but by comparison, my 2015 JK 2dr has a soft top and 1/2 doors...so anything is quiet in comparison :smirk:. Space-wise, it feels like it has greater interior room to move within the seats. the arm positions on the door are softer/angled better than the hard spots on the JK. I can't speak of rear-leg room differences as I have a 2 door to compare it to but from what I've seen/read, it's as roomy, if not roomier than the Jeeps. We got the 2.7 and there really is no comparison to the 3.6; acceleration, top speed, shift points...all are excellent; Ford is having a few issues with some engines but it's not the norm. I'm not a fanboy of any brand, I buy for what I want to use/need. Ford is struggling with some items here/there but it's been a good vehicle for US.... I do look forward to seeing what Jeep does in response, aside from throwing an over-priced Hemi in it

What else does Jeep HAVE to do? I beleive we are looking at a 1980's, 90's Japanese import situation here. All Toyota and Honda had to do was keep doing what they were doing. The American cars had to catch up on quality and fuel efficiency, and even when they did, word had to spread and trust had to be developed.

Jeep has been doing this since 1941 with the originals, the CJ's and Wranglers. Ford jumped in during the 1960's. Then jumped out of this market well over 25 years ago. And just for back in and are experiencing issues with hard tops and engines. This on again, off again, on again stuff? Ford is the one that has to prove themselves here. Jeep could make no changes at all for the next 5 years and still have the market cornered. The Hemi is a game changer. Jeep has an "Overland" trim level. Imagine if they made that trim level live up to its name and produce something official and ready made that is like the GMC Canyon's Overlandx on the That would about catapult Jeep Gladiator platform? Or even the 4 door wrangler? What else IS there to do?

Aside from what Toyhas already accomplished with the Tacoma and 4Runner, the only thing I could see that would truly threaten Jeep Wrangler is if Ford stays the course for decades with the Bronco, and if Chevy hadn't botched the new Blazer and made a real K5, and if Ford went one better and made a full sizee Bronco 2 door as well.

I have a Badlands/Sasquatch coming........sometime.

Krusty

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Virginia, USA
First Name
brian
Last Name
columbo
Member #

I ordered one back in March of 2021, But canceled my order in December because I got tired of waiting. Ford was not able to give me a delivery date so I bought a 21 4Runner instead

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I agree, that's too rich for my blood. But what version was it and whith what options?

A GMC K2500 Sierra Denali can fetch that price. Then again I wouldn't buy a new Denali, either
It was the $ 15K ABOVE sticker that put a bad taste in my mouth.

It's like jacking up the price of gas after 9-11.

Bad taste.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
It's not too far off from the pricing when you see all you get (it's not just big tires/lift). Yes, it has a lift and 35" tires BUT it includes: beadlock rims (not a standard rim), their High Offroad Speed Suspension (HOSS), upgraded gearing (4.7 vs xxx) and locking differentials on both front and rear. If you price it out individually, I think it would be more expensive after-market; and this is ordered from the factory, negating any "after-market parts warranty issues" (I know, they'll deny claim whenever they can).

As far as overpricing the sticker price....if it's a buyer reject or if the dealer obtains it seperately, good on them to charge high; it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. If they're up-charging orders above msrp, that's bad business and needs to stop.
I can get beadlocks for 300 bucks a pop, add tires, the lift I can get a really good one for 2500. Rear locker is all that is needed. 700 dollars. Thats a far way off the 8g for the ss package. The "hoss" package is bilstien shocks and a lift, with auto disconnect swaybars. Not worth it.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Get it wrapped to protect the paint. The flat black wraps look great.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness

Jeep needs an engine and transmission that we can be proud of, and one that's as flawlessly reliable as the YJ/TJ/LJ era was. Maybe lose a few pounds of porky nonsense like the speaker bar. Install a dashboard designed by a grown adult.

I just recently drove a nicely equipped XJ, off road. Custom AX15 manual transmission and 4.0l fuel injected engine. Low axle gears. Auto locked front, e locker rear. Wow, was it fun on the trails. Select a gear and just let her crawl. The new Jeeps don't even come close to the same kind of happy go lucky trail fun.

Rumor has it that the Jeep will soon be offered with a turbocharged 3.0l inline 6. And a manual transmission again.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Jeep needs an engine and transmission that we can be proud of, and one that's as flawlessly reliable as the YJ/TJ/LJ era was. Maybe lose a few pounds of porky nonsense like the speaker bar. Install a dashboard designed by a grown adult.

I just recently drove a nicely equipped XJ, off road. Custom AX15 manual transmission and 4.0l fuel injected engine. Low axle gears. Auto locked front, e locker rear. Wow, was it fun on the trails. Select a gear and just let her crawl. The new Jeeps don't even come close to the same kind of happy go lucky trail fun.

Rumor has it that the Jeep will soon be offered with a turbocharged 3.0l inline 6. And a manual transmission again.
Turbo is just a windmill waiting to break, as far as I'm concerned. But yes, I'm sure the 4.2 of th YJ era or the 4.0 most XJ's and 2nd gen Grands used could be lightened and updated to provide better power and efficiency.

And I dont know that they ever stopped making a manual trans available , so I dont know what you mean that you'd like to see a manual trans again

I agree about the speaker bar and porky nonsense. Climbing into a YJ I always felt like I had elbow room. With the new ones, I get the feeling that padding and "pod" areas like around the interior door handles and dash, take up so much space, the interior feels smaller

Reactions: MidOH