I I built my own Overland Adventure Trailer and it's maiden voyage was an Overland Bound Meetup

• HTML tutorial

ShawneeHills

Rank III

Advocate II

Kentucky
I started building my overland trailer over a month ago. Here is my thread under Overland Trailers https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/fox-tail-overland-trailer-build.10680/

I finished the entire exterior as of two Friday's ago and was able to take it on its maiden voyage to an overland bound meetup in the Red River Gorge, KY. I made a video of the build process if anyone is interested and condensed over 100hrs of work into under 12 minutes!!

ShawneeHills

Rank III

Advocate II

Kentucky
Holy crap! You literally made everything including the trailer. Excellent. I may have missed it but was insulation added?
I didn't add insualtion at this point. If i add it, it will be in the form of 1/2" foam glued to the wall when i do the interior, then covered in automotive carpet, if i do it, it would only be for when the top is closed and we are only utilizing the bottom bed. When the top is popped up, it will only be a tent anyway, so i may not add insulation.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

To come up with this idea and put it down on paper is one thing but to actually create this is something else. Definitely impressive. Did you pull this trailer throughout the whole trail or park it for some of it?

ShawneeHills

Rank III

Advocate II

Kentucky
To come up with this idea and put it down on paper is one thing but to actually create this is something else. Definitely impressive. Did you pull this trailer throughout the whole trail or park it for some of it?
For it's maiden voyage i basically just towed it to the campground which is about an hour away and parked it. It saw speeds of 70mph. I didn't take it on the trail at all, mostly because i want to ease into it and become more confident in it. i gained a whole lot of confidence just going on this simple trip! My plan is to take it from Kentucky to Colorado and across the alpine trail, then over to Moab Ut to arches national park next June. I am hoping to do a couple 3-4 day adventures before then to really try it out offroad!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Really cool. I am coming to Louisville area next July because my wife has a week of training out there. I will be doing some sightseeing around in Mr Daniel Boone's forest around the Red River Gorge. Maybe we can get together and have dinner or something. I would love to check this trailer out. If any of your trips involve you coming through Arkansas, feel free to hit me up. Im 20 minutes from some amazing areas in the Ozark National Forest.

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Thanks man! It's kinda sad that my workshop is soooo much larger than my house. BTW, is your current picture from the Stump Cave trail?
Man, you must know that spot well! Yes, that's right before the entrance. We got hung up there for about an hour filling the rut with logs and rocks so we could get through. Even Jeremy was getting hung up!

Reactions: ShawneeHills

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

What an amazing Trailer you have there.
As I designed, mostly build or helped with building my own trailer, I am very respectful.

You really did an amzing job.
Too bad you and I live so far away, I would love to drive a week or so and see how the trailers would do.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Jimmy P

ShawneeHills

Rank III

Advocate II

Kentucky
Really cool. I am coming to Louisville area next July because my wife has a week of training out there. I will be doing some sightseeing around in Mr Daniel Boone's forest around the Red River Gorge. Maybe we can get together and have dinner or something. I would love to check this trailer out. If any of your trips involve you coming through Arkansas, feel free to hit me up. Im 20 minutes from some amazing areas in the Ozark National Forest.
Sounds good. I Iive right next to Daniel's forest. There are a couple of us around here and we could show you around!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ShawneeHills

Rank III

Advocate II

Kentucky
What an amazing Trailer you have there.
As I designed, mostly build or helped with building my own trailer, I am very respectful.

You really did an amzing job.
Too bad you and I live so far away, I would love to drive a week or so and see how the trailers would do.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

Greetings from Robert
Thanks Robert. When I saw your pic it reminded me of Utah and I was about to tell you I was going to be there with it next year. Then I looked at your profile and realized you were REALLY far away! Awesome trailer!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Taco 16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Myrick
Member #

I started building my overland trailer over a month ago. Here is my thread under Overland Trailers https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/fox-tail-overland-trailer-build.10680/

I finished the entire exterior as of two Friday's ago and was able to take it on its maiden voyage to an overland bound meetup in the Red River Gorge, KY. I made a video of the build process if anyone is interested and condensed over 100hrs of work into under 12 minutes!!

Very nice!

Reactions: ShawneeHills