Hurricane Florence-Stay Safe Carolina's and Virginia!

• HTML tutorial

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Just wanted to wish everyone along the coast of the Carolina's and Southern VA the best of luck, and to stay safe over the next few days with Hurricane Florence. This is definitely looking like it's going to be a big one, with quite a bit of coastal, and inland damage.

Head the warnings, and pray for the best, and we'll see you all at Overland East-bring your stories!

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Just wanted to wish everyone along the coast of the Carolina's and Southern VA the best of luck, and to stay safe over the next few days with Hurricane Florence. This is definitely looking like it's going to be a big one, with quite a bit of coastal, and inland damage.

Head the warnings, and pray for the best, and we'll see you all at Overland East-bring your stories!
I agree stay safe everyone. remember pack the necessities and be prepared. material things are not worth injury or life. you can always get new things

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

As a Florida guy who has seen more than a fair share of hurricanes, let me wish you all the best of luck and hopes for not having too much damage. That being said....please remember that things are just that, things. They can be replaced. If you’re in the path of this storm, please bug out now. Consider it an opportunity to use your gear and take a little adventure. Don’t risk The safety of yourself or your family by riding it out.

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Hey guys, in Nebraska I've never experienced a hurricane obviously but we do have our share of bad weather. Keep this in mind: there are people that may be completely new to the Carolina's area. I have a friend that just moved there 3 weeks ago and has no experience to what is coming.

Our best thing to do in this situation is to educate folks on what we think and do all the time. Be prepared with gear, pack up and leave. We literally do this for fun... Please share experiences and educate people that are less experienced on being prepared not just for camping on the weekend but for emergencies as well. We may have gear but others don't. Help each other out. Take care

Reactions: sabjku and KDC