Moncks Corner, SC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Neacosia
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
No problem at all. If you have any other questions I'm happy to help. We had a blast and have considered going again.
The trail has it all too; Mud, rock steps, multiple water crossings (very shallow though), gravel road, hill descents and beautiful scenery.
WaWa,
You said you might be interested in doing this trail again. Do you have a time frame that appeals to you? I can probably being 3 rigs.

backbonz

Rank 0

Contributor I

CrownTown, NC
First Name
W
Last Name
C
WaWa,
You said you might be interested in doing this trail again. Do you have a time frame that appeals to you? I can probably being 3 rigs.
You might not have read the rest of the thread. Someone said the forest service had basically closed it due to abuse. Not sure if that was true, but considering how it’s one of the roads always mentioned it wouldn’t surprise me. Too bad the state of NC has paved almost every road in the state. Makes more people go out in search of less miles of gravel.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

You might not have read the rest of the thread. Someone said the forest service had basically closed it due to abuse. Not sure if that was true, but considering how it’s one of the roads always mentioned it wouldn’t surprise me. Too bad the state of NC has paved almost every road in the state. Makes more people go out in search of less miles of gravel.
True! Gravelmap.com will help in the search...

Gravel Roads

Subie_Matt_

Rank 0

Contributor I

Raleigh, NC
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Alvarez
Does anyone know if this trail is still open?

Planning on heading up there in March and I called the ranger station out there.

They told me that Hurricane Creek "Road" has been closed due to over use.

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
Does anyone know if this trail is still open?

Planning on heading up there in March and I called the ranger station out there.

They told me that Hurricane Creek "Road" has been closed due to over use.
If they told you it is closed, it's closed. It is a forest service road.

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
Knox of any other similar trails in that area that offer camping?

Live in Knoxville, TN but we are wanting to head to Asheville for a couple days and wanted to hit a trail and camp along the way. Very new to all this but want to test out my Tacom TRD OR and new Tepui RTT. Looking to go in mid March.