East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Hey y'all, I was finally able to post the Gaia track via GPX file. I posted both tracks for Hurricane Creek and also Max Patch to Buzzard Roost Overlook. They are located on the Overland Bound Downloadable Routes Forum if you search.

Reactions: Qmed Joe

Jrhodes

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Rhodes
Looking to take the wife and dogs camping this Saturday night and head out Sunday. Anyone know how many campsites are up there and what’s the odds one will be available Saturday around lunch? This will be our first time on hurricane creek. Any info will be appreciated.58DD1232-7335-4F58-A48A-0665F40ECE27.jpeg8EECBFD0-BC18-448A-8372-C5C2A2CC52E1.jpeg

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
There are dozens of campsites available all through the national forest as well as a campground on the actual trail that has a few spots l. Shouldn't have a hard time at all finding something. Bring a way to level as some sites were quite uneven. Happy trails l. It's beautiful this time of year there.

Reactions: Wallygator

Jrhodes

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Rhodes
There are dozens of campsites available all through the national forest as well as a campground on the actual trail that has a few spots l. Shouldn't have a hard time at all finding something. Bring a way to level as some sites were quite uneven. Happy trails l. It's beautiful this time of year there.
Great thank you! Do you know what the campsite name is? Would like to keep to ourselves but worst case a campground will work.

Qmed Joe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fleetwood, NC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
QMED
Member #

good post!

Everyone please try to pick up some trash otw thru HC even if it is not yours so we do not lose access to it!
I always keep a box of large heavy trash bags for when I’m driving through BLM/National Forest roads I can clean up a bit. It’s sad we have to but if we don’t who will?...

DizzyDoyle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Athens, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

My buddy and I are planning on heading up here this coming Saturday (10-26-19). If anyone would like to join just let me know. We will also be planning to pick up what trash we can while there too.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

My buddy and I are planning on heading up here this coming Saturday (10-26-19). If anyone would like to join just let me know. We will also be planning to pick up what trash we can while there too.
We're going up tomorrow night and camping through Sunday, hopefully. Keep an eye out for a diesel burb and red FJ.

DizzyDoyle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Athens, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

We're going up tomorrow night and camping through Sunday, hopefully. Keep an eye out for a diesel burb and red FJ.
Awesome! We will have a silver 5th gen 4r, a taco and maybe one other with us. We will keep an eye out for yall!

Reactions: ZRex

HaywoodRes

Rank 0

Contributor I

Waynesville, NC, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Bean
Please stop advertising Hurricane Creek Rd as an open trail. It is not! It’s a Forrest service road that is currently being destroyed from over use. Forrest Service has posted new signs and will be enforcing the new law on this road. I was run off by a Ranger and was told to let everyone know that it is a closed, private road now.

• Sad

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Signs posted as of mid November. State is closing the road due to misuse, destruction and trash. Will eventually be taken over by the Park Service as elk habitat.
Too bad. I saw some trash when I was there in October, but not a lot, so they either had a clean up or they are just using that as justification. The ruts were getting pretty deep in a couple spots, though, for sure. It was a beautiful ride through there and then up to Max Patch.

I doubt anyone promoting it knows about the closure. This was the first I'd heard of it.

Thanks for the info. I'd hate to go down there expecting to run the trail and then find out it is closed.

HaywoodRes

Rank 0

Contributor I

Waynesville, NC, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Bean
People who own land in there would go through and pick up trash. Mostly beer cans. The ruts on the lower end are really bad now. People that just don’t care go in there just to tear it up. They go off the trail and make a huge mess of it all. I don’t think they understand that it’s not a public road and it’s definitely not made for hundreds of jeeps and trucks a day. It’s just too much for that road.
No problem man. If you see or hear of others talking about Hurricane Creek, let them know the fuzz are issuing tickets in there. The Ranger told me that there are several cellular trail cameras set up to catch people that don’t belong.

• Sad
Reactions: Wallygator and DanW