Launch Member

Advocate III

Oregon City, OR
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Hensch
Member #

I can't seem to find anything on this but the Yaesu FTM-400XDR is on sale for $409 at HRO. Thinking of picking one up myself as I get ready to schedule my HAM test!

EDIT: I have purchased the radio. Looks like I need to schedule my HAM test next!

Last edited:

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I passed my Technician test this weekend and ordered up an FTM-400XDR to get in on the sale! Thanks for the heads up!

Of course, with the current backlog of apparently 18,000 licenses to be processed thanks to the Govt shutdown, it's probably going to be a few weeks before I can get on the air :grimacing:

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
My license appeared in the database much more quickly then I expected and HRO charged my card for the FTM-400XDR this morning, it's turning out to be a pretty good day! haha!

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Asked HRO when units ordered are expected to ship. Worth the wait for such a great price.
When I ordered mine it said it would be handled by the Burbank, CA store so I guess whatever HRO store is closest to your ship-to location is where it comes from? I'll hit them up in a couple days if I haven't seen any more order updates from them.

Reactions: Drifterman

Bam

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oregon City, OR
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Hensch
Member #

When I ordered mine it said it would be handled by the Burbank, CA store so I guess whatever HRO store is closest to your ship-to location is where it comes from? I'll hit them up in a couple days if I haven't seen any more order updates from them.
That is correct. The Portland, OR store is the one closest to me so they will handle my order. My guess is, they get their shipments of the radios from Yaesu or their main warehouse sent to them then they ship them to the customer. First time I've actually purchased anything from HRO.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
That is correct. The Portland, OR store is the one closest to me so they will handle my order. My guess is, they get their shipments of the radios from Yaesu or their main warehouse sent to them then they ship them to the customer. First time I've actually purchased anything from HRO.
My first purchase from HRO as well, I'm going to shoot them an email for a status update.

Reactions: Drifterman

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Well this is the update from HRO, looks like it's going to be awhile:

"we are still waiting on Yaesu to catch up to sales . We currently have over 300 units on back order and 1300 on order. Last check Yaesu claimed mid Feb for the first wave"

Reactions: Drifterman and Bam

Bam

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oregon City, OR
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Hensch
Member #

Mine shipped from the Portland store yesterday, I'll be getting mine soon! Your store may or may not have you call them to verify that you still want it. Portland did with me.