Howzit from the UK.

• HTML tutorial

Enzo

Rank I

Enthusiast I

UK/ZW
Hi
New on the forum but not new to overlanding however I’d never claim to be an expert!

Been driving around Southern and Eastern Africa since 1991 and have now started exploring North Africa. I’ve got a rough old dog of a 3L diesel 4Runner in Zimbabwe and a Nissan X trail here in the UK for my daily drive. Not really a wadi-basher, not enough clearance, but it made for a great family tourer in Morocco!

I’ve written a few chapters for Chris Scott’s Overlanders’ Handbook and I run a little website helping people overland in Africa so if I can help or advise I will.

Many thanks,

Enzo

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi
New on the forum but not new to overlanding however I’d never claim to be an expert!

Been driving around Southern and Eastern Africa since 1991 and have now started exploring North Africa. I’ve got a rough old dog of a 3L diesel 4Runner in Zimbabwe and a Nissan X trail here in the UK for my daily drive. Not really a wadi-basher, not enough clearance, but it made for a great family tourer in Morocco!

I’ve written a few chapters for Chris Scott’s Overlanders’ Handbook and I run a little website helping people overland in Africa so if I can help or advise I will.

Many thanks,

Enzo
Hi Enzo and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

paramatt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
welcome Enzo im new to but great to see experienced people from the uk joining up.

Enzo

Rank I

Enthusiast I

UK/ZW
Give me a few years and I’ll be over on that side of the pond however I’m going back to the desert next summer: cruising down to Dakar via the Atlantic route so I’m planning and prepping for that.

Venture out

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Papillion NE
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Tierney
Member #

Welcome Enzo! Head over to the build section and post up some pictures of your rig I would love to see more pictures of your 4Runner as you get ready for your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Enzo

Rank I

Enthusiast I

UK/ZW
Sorry! The zebra 4Runner is my Zimbabwean truck - I’ve worked on it for years but it’s now sitting rotting at our house in Zim whilst I’ve only got a very suburban looking SUV here in the UK! However, with the mods permission, I’ll dig up some pics. Thanks for asking.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Welcome to the community Enzo !

Ah yes Chris' book is pretty full of great info, I've got both versions as the latest one only came out a few months ago - great read!

Hope you enjoy the community!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello Enzo from Southern California...glad to have you aboard here on OB...your expertise will come in handy for sure.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi

Many thanks,

Enzo
Hello Enzo and welcome to the OB crew...nice rig

Enzo

Rank I

Enthusiast I

UK/ZW
Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome. Coz of work and Home etc I’ll be in and out of the OB however if you’ve got any questions fire away, when I come your side I’ll pester the crap out of you!

D3Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canterbury, UK
Member #

Hi

I’ve got a rough old dog of a 3L diesel 4Runner in Zimbabwe and a Nissan X trail here in the UK for my daily drive. Not really a wadi-basher, not enough clearance, but it made for a great family tourer in Morocco!

Many thanks,

Enzo
Hello as well from the good ol UK

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Hi

Many thanks,

Enzo
Welcome!

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Welcome Enzo, Dakar was my first trip in North Africa last year. We followed the coast route, we crossed at Diama instead of Rosso. I'm heading back down to North Africa now but probably just Morocco as we have spent to much time in Spain and Portugal this time.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using OB Talk mobile app