Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Mike are you planning on making the Sulfur Springs RP the first weekend in Oct? Putting on my calendar at a minimum planning to drive out and camp one night.
I can't make any trips until probably Dec. Too much to do on the farm with fall coming. I will be at the regular meet on Oct 3rd though for anyone wanting to get together that morning.

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Those look like they'll do the job. Glad to see you were able to find something more affordable. They should last you a good while. Having a good time gearing up the Jeep. Recently installed a gas can mount and a mount for my shower tank. Waiting on a rear window from Smittybilt so I can work on the fridge slide and drawers.
View attachment 170148View attachment 170149
Setup looks Great one of the best thng about Jeeps is that so much is available aftermarket... Do you have to pump the handle on the shower to build pressure or do you have a battery operated pump? How long are you out when you go on a walk about?

Picked up the battery operated shower system below to rinse off after kayaking having a mount would save lots of hassle as i need to fill water bucket for source

Spending more time doing day trips to the Sam Houston National Forest starting to figure out what i need to carry every trip and nice to haves.
My longest trip to date has only been 10 days. I have 3 day weekends at work, so I usually do 1 to 2 night trips. My goal is to take this Jeep and see all the National Parks, so I'm setting it up for longer excursions.

This setup pumps from the handle. I have looked at many options, including the pump you purchased. I might change it up later, but for now this was the cheapest, fastest, and easiest route to get something on my rig now. 2 door Jeeps are very limited for space, so anything I can do to free up space on the inside is what I look for. I would like to eventually have a pressurized system, but still debating whether I want to do a DIY PVC system on the roof rack. I would also like to put an awning on that same side, but not sure if I have room to do both.

The more you get out, the more you will learn. I am still learning. Lol You will find some things you buy you will use every trip. You will also find some things you buy aren't as useful as you thought they would be. I have noticed many rigs evolve over the years, until eventually the person finds what works for them. Safe travels on your adventures!

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Mike are you planning on making the Sulfur Springs RP the first weekend in Oct? Putting on my calendar at a minimum planning to drive out and camp one night.
I can't make any trips until probably Dec. Too much to do on the farm with fall coming. I will be at the regular meet on Oct 3rd though for anyone wanting to get together that morning.
If i stick-around will look forward to meeting you not sure if I will have that Mon off so may have to jet Sat or first thing Sun morning

Reactions: roots66

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Those look like they'll do the job. Glad to see you were able to find something more affordable. They should last you a good while. Having a good time gearing up the Jeep. Recently installed a gas can mount and a mount for my shower tank. Waiting on a rear window from Smittybilt so I can work on the fridge slide and drawers.
Setup looks Great one of the best thng about Jeeps is that so much is available aftermarket... Do you have to pump the handle on the shower to build pressure or do you have a battery operated pump? How long are you out when you go on a walk about?

Picked up the battery operated shower system below to rinse off after kayaking having a mount would save lots of hassle as i need to fill water bucket for source

Spending more time doing day trips to the Sam Houston National Forest starting to figure out what i need to carry every trip and nice to haves.
My longest trip to date has only been 10 days. I have 3 day weekends at work, so I usually do 1 to 2 night trips. My goal is to take this Jeep and see all the National Parks, so I'm setting it up for longer excursions.

This setup pumps from the handle. I have looked at many options, including the pump you purchased. I might change it up later, but for now this was the cheapest, fastest, and easiest route to get something on my rig now. 2 door Jeeps are very limited for space, so anything I can do to free up space on the inside is what I look for. I would like to eventually have a pressurized system, but still debating whether I want to do a DIY PVC system on the roof rack. I would also like to put an awning on that same side, but not sure if I have room to do both.

The more you get out, the more you will learn. I am still learning. Lol You will find some things you buy you will use every trip. You will also find some things you buy aren't as useful as you thought they would be. I have noticed many rigs evolve over the years, until eventually the person finds what works for them. Safe travels on your adventures!
Schedule wise we are in similar or seems close to similar boats... get a couple of 3 day weekends a month so my setup initially will be for 3/4 days and easy sleep overs on fishing trips when i get to tired to drive home with the rare 1wk to 1.5wk journey dream trip being Alaska right now

Reactions: TxJeeper75

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN

Schedule wise we are in similar or seems close to similar boats... get a couple of 3 day weekends a month so my setup initially will be for 3/4 days and easy sleep overs on fishing trips when i get to tired to drive home with the rare 1wk to 1.5wk journey dream trip being Alaska right now
Alaska is my dream trip too. Saving that one for last, on the advice of my parents, who have traveled all over this country. I've been told I will need 4-5 weeks, to really see it.

Reactions: TxasYukonXL