Launch Member

Member II

Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Prescott
Member #

New member OB 16266. Name is James. Live in Austin TX. Long time hiker/backpacker but new to Overlanding. Drive a 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. Hoping to acquire an overland trailer to match with it in the near future.

Previous vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When I was a kid my cousin and I had a 40-something Willys!

Usually do two hikes a year in the Big Bend area and Guadalupe Mountains NP. Also try to get out of state once a year too. Anxious to learn from all of you and share any knowledge I may have.

No mods to the 4Runner . . . . . yet!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New member OB 16266. Name is James. Live in Austin TX. Long time hiker/backpacker but new to Overlanding. Drive a 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. Hoping to acquire an overland trailer to match with it in the near future.

Previous vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When I was a kid my cousin and I had a 40-something Willys!

Usually do two hikes a year in the Big Bend area and Guadalupe Mountains NP. Also try to get out of state once a year too. Anxious to learn from all of you and share any knowledge I may have.

Hello James and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!
I know your regional representative if working with members in Austin to set up a meet-up. Once they set something up you will receive an invite from the Forum message system.
Until then check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions @brien is your Member Representative.

Reactions: PacingTheCage

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB!!! The 4Runner is a great platform!

Bucksoverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Doylestown, PA 18902, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Welcome! Is Austin still weird? ;)

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Welcome. Our "home" is Austin as well but we are only there about a month out of the year as we travel fulltime. Great to have another Austinite in the mix though!

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Hello James, Tommy here from Round Rock. Planning to visit Guadalupe soon. Any tips from your trip there? For example, how about the trail for vehicles. Any? How close does your vehicle get to the camp site?
T