Howdy from Texas!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

PacingTheCage

Rank II

Contributor I

Austin, TX, USA
Member #

New member OB 16266. Name is James. Live in Austin TX. Long time hiker/backpacker but new to Overlanding. Drive a 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. Hoping to acquire an overland trailer to match with it in the near future.

Previous vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When I was a kid my cousin and I had a 40-something Willys!

Usually do two hikes a year in the Big Bend area and Guadalupe Mountains NP. Also try to get out of state once a year too. Anxious to learn from all of you and share any knowledge I may have.

No mods to the 4Runner . . . . . yet!

Chadlyb

Rank VI
Supporter

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New member OB 16266. Name is James. Live in Austin TX. Long time hiker/backpacker but new to Overlanding. Drive a 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. Hoping to acquire an overland trailer to match with it in the near future.

Previous vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When I was a kid my cousin and I had a 40-something Willys!

Usually do two hikes a year in the Big Bend area and Guadalupe Mountains NP. Also try to get out of state once a year too. Anxious to learn from all of you and share any knowledge I may have.

Hello James and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Advocate I

Placerville, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT

Welcome to Overland Bound!
I know your regional representative if working with members in Austin to set up a meet-up. Once they set something up you will receive an invite from the Forum message system.
Until then check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions @brien is your Member Representative.

Reactions: PacingTheCage

Hank Outdoors

US East Region Director
Staff member

Advocate II

Lysander, NY
Member #

Welcome to OB!!! The 4Runner is a great platform!

Bucksoverland

Rank II

Contributor I

Doylestown, PA 18902, USA
Member #

Welcome! Is Austin still weird? ;)

Jeepsies

Rank VI

Advocate I

Gilroy, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Welcome. Our "home" is Austin as well but we are only there about a month out of the year as we travel fulltime. Great to have another Austinite in the mix though!