How to tell Overland Bound is getting big...

• HTML tutorial

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
So,... we're in Alabama Hills Thursday evening (looking for a place to hide the orange cone), when I mentioned something about OB to @Narbob on the radio, and a voice comes on FRS 6 and says "Are you guys with Overland Bound?" Turns out, it's @aearles (Aaron), and his wife Amanda, who just happened to be camping in the area (they didn't know we were coming). Aaron ended up hanging out with us around the campfire Thursday night, and then he and Amanda took their Power Wagon into Death Valley with us on Friday. Great people!

Then,... Saturday, we're hanging out at basecamp,...

IMG_4975.PNG

... when @MTN4RNR (just passing by) pulls in to say hello.

IMG_4970.JPG

How cool is that!

It's great to be part of such an amazing group, filled with so many awesome people!

Last edited:

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

So,... we're in Alabama Hills Thursday evening (looking for a place to hide the orange cone), when I mentioned something about OB to @Narbob on the radio, and a voice comes on FRS 6 and says "Are you guys with Overland Bound?" Turns out, it's @aearles (Aaron), and his wife Amanda, who just happened to be camping in the area (they didn't know we were coming). Aaron ended up hanging out with us around the campfire Thursday night, and then he and Amanda took their Power Wagon into Death Valley with us on Friday. Great people!

Then,... Saturday, we're hanging out at basecamp,...

View attachment 9967

... when @MTN4RNR (just passing by) pulls in to say hello.

View attachment 9968

How cool is that!

It's great to be part of such an amazing group, filled with so many awesome people!
HAHA, that's awesome!!! I hope that when my wife and I get the chance to head down to dirty up the truck in Cali, we can convince some local OBers to come hang out.

The more the merrier certainly applies to this lifestyle!

MTN4RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Great to see you guys out there! Bummer we didn't get to hang out at the dunes together, but I am glad I ran into "base camp" at the hot springs. I hope the rest of your trip went well, and your steering lines stayed in tact :grin:

Reactions: Kelly

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is what it is all about! When I here stories like this, it is deeply satisfying, not because we are getting big, but because this is a major part of how I imagine Overland Bound Members supporting each other. If I were to project forward 5 years, 3(?), this will be true around the country, and around the world. You guys are an amazing community and it is inspiring to see us grow!

Our member map continues to get more "dense":

2016-11-15_0937.png