Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi @Chris Jones and @Michael ...Luis suggested that I contact you both so probably better to do it here...

Wondering how does the Member II badge/trophy get verified/activated as it has happened recently.

Letting you know that I had to uninstall OB Talk this morning as notifications would not work...I will reinstall it to see if that fixes it...I know the app is being replaced soon... hopefully real soon as it is great!

Adrian

Reactions: bawesomfels

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi there!

If you go to the "Badges" menu item and drill down to the list of trophies, next to the trophies you will see a "Request Verification" button. Can you step through that process so I can be sure it is working? If you have any trouble, let me know and I will update manually. Thanks!

M

Reactions: Aussie571

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi there!

If you go to the "Badges" menu item and drill down to the list of trophies, next to the trophies you will see a "Request Verification" button. Can you step through that process so I can be sure it is working? If you have any trouble, let me know and I will update manually. Thanks!

M
Hi Michael... thanks for the quick reply. I will try that!

Luis sent a pic of your reply to him...thanks for that too! I reinstalled the app just out of curiosity and it is back working for now...if it does it again I will scrap it go back to the web-based and wait for the new one!

Adrian

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Michael I don't know if it is fixed, but there was a report the other day the the verify buttons had gone missing. Can't check mine, as there are none left to request.

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

@Michael I don't know if it is fixed, but there was a report the other day the the verify buttons had gone missing. Can't check mine, as there are none left to request.

Yes I looked earlier and couldn't see them either...will try again!

Reactions: Steve

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Let me know guys - keep in mind you cannot do this through the app - so use a browser!

M
Hi Michael...went to badges and into the ambassadors section on the website using the chrome browser on Android and also firefox on my pc laptop...all the verify buttons are missing!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Michael...went to badges and into the ambassadors section on the website using the chrome browser on Android and also firefox on my pc laptop...all the verify buttons are missing!
This must be a permissions thing we need to fix. I click here:

And see the button here:

You do not?

I will manually award, and report the issue. Can you confirm you do not see buttons after following these steps?

Thanks!

M

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

This must be a permissions thing we need to fix. I click here:

View attachment 94192

And see the button here:

View attachment 94193

You do not?

I will manually award, and report the issue. Can you confirm you do not see buttons after following these steps?

Thanks!

M
Hi Michael...yep tried that ...no buttons displaying at all!
Thank you for the manual update!
Screenshot_20190418-171927_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190418-171927_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

I awarded the trophy - also, I think the issue is fixed too. You should see a few request buttons now.
Michael I sent you a message....something weird is happening for sure...can't log in to the website but OBTalk is working...maybe its due to me not logging out of the app before uninstalling it...I reinstalled it and I was already logged in go figure!

This is the website access denied message.
Screenshot_20190418-190732_Chrome.jpeg

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

My IP/ISP seems to have been blocked by the look of it!
Thank you for the verification!

Last edited:

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I awarded the trophy - also, I think the issue is fixed too. You should see a few request buttons now.
Hi Michael, I am still not seeing the verification buttons appearing either. I was going to apply about two weeks ago and noticed it wasn't there but assumed it as something know/ being worked on. member2.JPG

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Michael I sent you a message....something weird is happening for sure...can't log in to the website but OBTalk is working...maybe its due to me not logging out of the app before uninstalling it...I reinstalled it and I was already logged in go figure!

This is the website access denied message.
View attachment 94207
I had that happen to me the other day, but it was resolved by morning. Not sure what happened.

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

I had that happen to me the other day, but it was resolved by morning. Not sure what happened.
I think it is a glitch with permissions on the server and some of the updates that are being done...a new app is being created to integrate into the website...I'm hoping what is happening to me and my feedback is helping Michael and the team iron out the bugs.

It is happening to quite a few people...but I'm sure it will all come good soon!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I think it is a glitch with permissions on the server and some of the updates that are being done...a new app is being created to integrate into the website...I'm hoping what is happening to me and my feedback is helping Michael and the team iron out the bugs.

It is happening to quite a few people...but I'm sure it will all come good soon!
You guys have helped a ton and continue to do so. It is very much appreciated.

"Sucuri" alert/error. That is actually a firewall unrelated to any other error you might be having. Our server is very sensitive to potential security breaches, and gets triggered from time to time with "false positives". Let me know if it continues to give you errors.

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

You guys have helped a ton and continue to do so. It is very much appreciated.

"Sucuri" alert/error. That is actually a firewall unrelated to any other error you might be having. Our server is very sensitive to potential security breaches, and gets triggered from time to time with "false positives". Let me know if it continues to give you errors.
Will do! Obviously something doesn't like my ISP (Optus Australia) IP address for some reason...I'll have access to a different ISP tomorrow afternoon so will try it then and see if I'm allowed to log in!

Hi!...an update to what is occurring Michael...I can log in to the store no problem...also I can click on Forum and can log in using the small log in key symbol at the top of the forum no problem!
The access denied problem occurs when trying to log in from the main page either at the top of the page or the log in on the righthand sidebar ...I am logged into the forum on my PC laptop as I type this message...hope this will help point you in the right direction!

Still no buttons displaying in the Badges section for me!

Thanks Michael! [emoji106]

Adrian

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi Ben...been doing some troubleshooting of my own this morning...I have worked out if you want to log in...say for the SHOP then go to the shop then log in...same goes for the Forum...the problem happens when you try to log in on the Home page at the top or down on the right side that's when the error occurs!

Adrian

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Will do! Obviously something doesn't like my ISP (Optus Australia) IP address for some reason...I'll have access to a different ISP tomorrow afternoon so will try it then and see if I'm allowed to log in!

Hi!...an update to what is occurring Michael...I can log in to the store no problem...also I can click on Forum and can log in using the small log in key symbol at the top of the forum no problem!
The access denied problem occurs when trying to log in from the main page either at the top of the page or the log in on the righthand sidebar ...I am logged into the forum on my PC laptop as I type this message...hope this will help point you in the right direction!

Still no buttons displaying in the Badges section for me!

Thanks Michael! [emoji106]

Adrian
This has all been reported to our developers. Thank you!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Ben...been doing some troubleshooting of my own this morning...I have worked out if you want to log in...say for the SHOP then go to the shop then log in...same goes for the Forum...the problem happens when you try to log in on the Home page at the top or down on the right side that's when the error occurs!

Adrian
Do you see "Request Validation" buttons correctly now? If not, which trophy do you expect to see request validation for? I will check your account and see the status.

Thank you!

M

Status
Not open for further replies.