Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to edit posts after they've been created.  I realized that it wasn't obvious (to me) when I when to update the "build thread" for my Jeep.  http://overlandbound.com/forums/topic/jeep-xk-overland-and-sar-build/#post-17002

Is there something I'm missing, a minimum membership duration, or maybe a post count that unlocks that function?

Thanks for you help!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi there! If you are registered, you should see an edit button above your post. If not, what hardware are you using?

-M

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome, jdunk!

Michael, as administrator, seems to be the only one who can edit posts after they've been posted more than a few minutes. (There's a short edit window for the rest of us, then it goes away.) This is something we've been asking for so that we can go back and add photos or edit progress to our original build post.

Steve

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Hi Michael,

What Steve pointed out seems to be true.  When I posted a reply, I was able to see the edit button, but after a short while, it does disappear, and I can't edit the post any longer.

I double checked on OS X, 10.10 using Chrome and Safari, 10.7 using Chrome and Safari, and Windows 8.1 using Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey Steve, got it! That gives me something to work with. Looking at it now. I thought it was hardware dependent, sounds like it isn't! More soon!

M

-M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@steve @jdunk

OK! I think it works now - you should be able to edit posts for the next 190 years. Such a wierd forum setting, but I had to set it to 99,999,999 minutes!