How Many States/Countries Have You Been Too?

• HTML tutorial

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443

I've been around a bit... I have only lived in two, the rest are for work or leisure.... As far as countries go, Canada and Mexico I haven't had the opportunity to travel beyond North America.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I've been to 46 US states, only missing Delaware, Arizona, Hawaii, and Louisiana (although legend has it that I was conceived in New Orleans...) I only picked up South Dakota last year, having travelled around it on at least three previous western trips.

I've been to three Canadian provinces, although I really can't count the Yukon Territory, as I was on an excursion train and never touched ground. BC and Ontario being the others.

And I've been to The Bahamas, Bermuda, Austria, and Hungary.

(The world map doesn't include Bermuda in its options, although it is an independent country.)

BTW, people have different "rules" for having visited a place. My brother counts states he's flown to, changed planes, and then flown out, having never left the airport, as well as states he's driven through without stopping (such as the corner of NH on the way to Maine.) My daughter says it doesn't count unless she's stepped on the soil, and at least peed in the state. :)

My own rule is that I have to "do" something there, whether stop for dinner, explore a park (which is how I discovered High Point State Park in New Jersey) etc. Visited means at least visiting the state to me...

Last edited:

AlysonH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

This is a very cool thread. It has me reminiscing about places I've been and thinking I need to plan and explore some more.

whiskeytacos

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

International: Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Israel, Costa Rica

And in true Overlanding fashion, I've driven through every US State that I've visited.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Well this is fun. And informative, I now know I have a lot of exploring to do.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Been to most, but mostly by airplane :( Need to hit some trails in each on the next go around!

upload_2016-10-20_6-55-6.png

Reactions: TheMcCalls

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

I've been to 46 US states, only missing Delaware, Arizona, Hawaii, and Louisiana (although legend has it that I was conceived in New Orleans...) I only picked up South Dakota last year, having travelled around it on at least three previous western trips.

I've been to three Canadian provinces, although I really can't count the Yukon Territory, as I was on an excursion train and never touched ground. BC and Ontario being the others.

And I've been to The Bahamas, Bermuda, Austria, and Hungary.

(The world map doesn't include Bermuda in its options, although it is an independent country.)

BTW, people have different "rules" for having visited a place. My brother counts states he's flown to, changed planes, and then flown out, having never left the airport, as well as states he's driven through without stopping (such as the corner of NH on the way to Maine.) My daughter says it doesn't count unless she's stepped on the soil, and at least peed in the state. :)

My own rule is that I have to "do" something there, whether stop for dinner, explore a park (which is how I discovered High Point State Park in New Jersey) etc. Visited means at least visiting the state to me...
If you make it to Delaware, you have an OB member here, look me up!

Reactions: Steve

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I grew up in Europe from age 4 to age 16...my parents loved travel and instead of coming back to the U.S. every year when my dad took leave, we'd travel all over for his 30 days leave. I was very fortunate to have adventurous parents... I did 6 years in the Army and traveled extensively, both in combat and on leave. My most memorable experience was in 1994...I was at Fort Sherman, Panama for jungle training. When my training was completed, I had 30 days leave...so I used it and traveled and backpacked through a majority of South America. One of the best times of my life :^)

Screenshot 2016-10-21 at 8.20.09 AM.png

It's important to note that I have only lived in 4 of these States...only driven through or visited the others...

Screenshot 2016-10-21 at 8.50.22 AM.png

Last edited: