How has the Covid-19 virus affected your adventures?

• HTML tutorial

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler

Seth Vernon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

My longest distance camp trip since COVID 19 stay at home orders for NC was in my backyard with my daughter Campfire, steaks, s’mores and more.

Attachments

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
My longest distance camp trip since COVID 19 stay at home orders for NC was in my backyard with my daughter Campfire, steaks, s’mores and more.
This is amazing Seth. Didn’t get to use my rig, but I did have a backyard camp out the other night. Even just going through the motions can keep a person in the right state of mind.

Attachments

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
We was supposed to be on the North Coast 500 in the Scottish Highlands right now :(

Which is why we are here and watching YouTube videos longing for our next adventure!
I think that is one of the biggest things I love about being an adventurer. We can be on the most amazing adventure, but still be longing for the next one. I am right there with you. Haven't done a lot of exploring in Scotland, but I have played around near Faslane. I need to visit again soon!

gps4

Rank I

Contributor III

vicksburg, ms
First Name
george
Last Name
philips
my family road trip to from MS to Moab in June is still up in the air. Palo Duro Canyon State Park (TX) is closed to camping. I got a notification from Mesa Verde NP this week that the park is closed and my reservations for a guided tour of cliff palace is cancelled. Canyonlands and Arches are both currently closed to all visitors. I think Moab, San Juan County (CO) and Ouray County (CO) all have travel/camping/lodging restrictions in place at the moment.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the closures will expire by the first of June.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Went and checked on some dispersed campsites.

Still closed. May 8th is our new reopening date. Got pushed further out from April 30th.View attachment 150901
Too bad, my state of NM only the facilities are closed. If your self contained and don't burn, you can disburse camp in both state and federal camp sites.

gps4

Rank I

Contributor III

vicksburg, ms
First Name
george
Last Name
philips
my family road trip to from MS to Moab in June is still up in the air. Palo Duro Canyon State Park (TX) is closed to camping. I got a notification from Mesa Verde NP this week that the park is closed and my reservations for a guided tour of cliff palace is cancelled. Canyonlands and Arches are both currently closed to all visitors. I think Moab, San Juan County (CO) and Ouray County (CO) all have travel/camping/lodging restrictions in place at the moment.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the closures will expire by the first of June.

we moved our trip back to the first week to July, hopefully everything will be opened back up by then

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Fear and panic seems to have subsided and people are less fearful of their surroundings. I just hope they will use good judgement and stay safe to see if this thing will fade away like other viruses have done in the past. We need some calm heads going into the future.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Canceled our trip to SMOR and to TX. Step daughter was having her wedding in Greece this month, glad that is canceled. Went camping on some land we own, had a good time.

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
We were suppose to leave May 15th for a 3 month trip to Alaska via the Alaska Ferry.
The ferry has cancelled all trips through June 30th so we are waiting for the refund.
The US Canadian border is closed until May 17th(?) and Denali NP is closed through June 15th...

If the border opens up we will leave the 20th, forgo driving all the way to Washington (from VA) for the ferry but go up maybe through Calgary and maybe Banff & Jasper if possible on our way to AK.

If they keep the border closed for a few more weeks then we will bag it...

Reactions: DadJokes and RickLB

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

We have a little spot we go to every once in a while. Even on summer weekends, we never see ANYONE there. We have it all to ourselves. It’s a pretty rough road to get to so it kept people away. Now that all the established campgrounds are closed, we went to our spot this weekend. Looked like a music festival. HUGE crowds, parties with people going all night long, big crowds with no attempt to social-distance themselves, nowhere to camp, etc. That’s what happens when you create very few places where people can recreate... they ALL GO TO THE SAME DAMN PLACE!!! California is being run by people who have obviously never been camping or exploring.

Last edited:

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
@smlobx Border will be closed until late June, currently 21st is the soonest it will open, BC may keep it closed beyond that. Even if it opens before that you may be required to quarantine for 14 days.

I am trying to figure out how to do a 3 day trip in a V8 Discovery without buying gas in a small town. But I have a few ideas on that, might be a just get out and hit a few high mountain lakes kind of year

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

I'm hoping come late July they will open the Canada / US Border. I'd really like to beeline from Ontario to Utah and spend a few weeks camping out there. Not much to explore in southern ontario!

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

only time will tell. Manitoba has closed facilities within provincial parks, however they're still open to go on hikes and what not. For now.
Nothing on crown land yet, and hopefully there isn't. I'd like to escape to the bush at least for a weekend if that's all I can get.
I'm possibly considering a trip to Manitoba (From Toronto) if the borders don't open this summer. Do you recommend any resources for finding trails and camping spots away from people?

Cheers!

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

I'm possibly considering a trip to Manitoba (From Toronto) if the borders don't open this summer. Do you recommend any resources for finding trails and camping spots away from people?

Cheers!
backroads Mapbook shows crown land areas. Look for "fire road" or just gravel roads that lead to "dead ends" and explore!

I do have a few secret spots, but those are staying secret.

Reactions: F8OO