Houston and South IronPercheron #411

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I am from this area and know alot about its fishing, beaches, off-roading, and i am here if you want to know! I also know alot about the workforce and employment opportunities here. If you need me to I wont mind trackin something down when i have time. Confirming grid coordinates etc.

I had a blast recently at toledo bend but its mostly just dirt roads and mud holes. nothing technical.

Happy trails!

Reactions: RiverCityDave

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'm looking at doing a beach run again, probably next spring.
Port Arthur along the old Hwy 87 at low tide, down to the Bolivar Ferry. I haven't been that route yet, except for Crystal Beach.
I think the Port Arthur to Winnie would be a lot more remote and fun.
Something I'm researching.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Pretty much either direction will be boss... just stay out of the dunes. The fines are bad news, and if its the feds they can take your rig from what i hear.

Personally, i liked the run down by port aurther / Texas Point / McFaddin / JD Murphree and winnie Etc. But i havnt been in a very long time. I think this is only because i life just a few miles from Surfside/Quintana/Bryan Etc. So its nice to see a beach different from my own lol

Generally speaking if i head that far east i am near Toledo Bend.

@Beachcruiser May have some more intel too.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Also... usually the more remote you get the less beach there is, so you end up in the dunes more or less.... its a troublesome game. when i run out of beach i turn around, and i do not drive through salt water unless it is completely unavoidable.

Reactions: TXpedition

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We get down to SPI at least once a year, and hit Bolivar and on up the coast a few times. We usually get down to Corpus once or twice, sometimes more depending on my schedule.

We lived in Houston for years, both in the Northwest near Klein, and later in the Southwest near Bellaire when I worked at Greenway Plaza.

In a strange way it still feels like home.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Pretty much either direction will be boss... just stay out of the dunes. The fines are bad news, and if its the feds they can take your rig from what i hear.

Personally, i liked the run down by port aurther / Texas Point / McFaddin / JD Murphree and winnie Etc. But i havnt been in a very long time. I think this is only because i life just a few miles from Surfside/Quintana/Bryan Etc. So its nice to see a beach different from my own lol

Generally speaking if i head that far east i am near Toledo Bend.

@Beachcruiser May have some more intel too.
I haven't been down by Port A yet.
I used to live around Pearland and would drive down to Surfside every other weekend in the summer time.
When I was younger I lived in Galvetraz right out of the USAF. Went for a summer, stayed almost 7 years.

I've heard to stay out of the dunes, and I have no problem doing that. Don't want to ruin the beach or anything.
I figure as long as the tide is low, we'd have a better chance of making it pretty far.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I haven't been down by Port A yet.
I used to live around Pearland and would drive down to Surfside every other weekend in the summer time.
When I was younger I lived in Galvetraz right out of the USAF. Went for a summer, stayed almost 7 years.

I've heard to stay out of the dunes, and I have no problem doing that. Don't want to ruin the beach or anything.
I figure as long as the tide is low, we'd have a better chance of making it pretty far.

how far you get while the tide is low is one thing.

getting back with it on the rise is another. LOL @Beachcruiser

make sure you have an out!

Reactions: RiverCityDave