Hot Springs

• HTML tutorial

DaizyTX

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Katy, TX
Member #

We headed to Hot Springs as a last minute trip right before the 4th of July. We'd only been back from a two week road trip to Disneyland, the Grand Canyon and Sedona,AZ for a week so I was surprised to go. After all that way there was no way I wanted to leave without seeing at least some of the true mountain scenery, undeveloped. Hot Springs ORV uses the old logging roads and the ratings range from beginner to 'you better be outfitted and not green or alone'. We don't qualify for the latter so we stuck to the lesser risk trails but I can say they were still not boring. There also happened to be a few Jeep Badge of Honor trails in the park- one we could easily attempt. We weren't able to devote the time we would have liked so we will be going back to see fall colors and enjoy more of the trails in November.

Attachments

Reactions: J&J Offroad

GABEHERNANDEZ

Rank I

Traveler II

We went a few years back around Easter. That was awesome!! They had an easter egg hunt, that you hunt eggs while driving the trails. The eggs said what the prize was. I still have the koozies and the shirts. Great folks and great place to spend the day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: DaizyTX

DaizyTX

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Katy, TX
Member #

Ooh, thanks for the info. I'll start planning that trip now too!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Texasjku

Rank 0

Traveler I

Houston
We headed to Hot Springs as a last minute trip right before the 4th of July. We'd only been back from a two week road trip to Disneyland, the Grand Canyon and Sedona,AZ for a week so I was surprised to go. After all that way there was no way I wanted to leave without seeing at least some of the true mountain scenery, undeveloped. Hot Springs ORV uses the old logging roads and the ratings range from beginner to 'you better be outfitted and not green or alone'. We don't qualify for the latter so we stuck to the lesser risk trails but I can say they were still not boring. There also happened to be a few Jeep Badge of Honor trails in the park- one we could easily attempt. We weren't able to devote the time we would have liked so we will be going back to see fall colors and enjoy more of the trails in November.
Hi is this is in Hot Springs NF?