Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I agree. I remember 2019 I was going trough what you are going trough now. I had big plans for it. I ordered a new vehicle and frenetically getting ready and researching for my first trip in Africa, Morocco. The German dealer told me about some possible delays in delivery, I went crazy, I had all of it timed to the day. Issue got solved and 3 weeks before the departure, Europe went in to full lockdown. All went to shit for the next 2 years, as you well know even traveling inside Europe was difficult. This summer Europe will be a breeze, other countries are opening up as well, so things will improve.
That's part of the problem, the last years were really bad and about the most expensive for me.
Surrounded by crap I don't care about, I'm pretty much down and left with 10% and I just want to get away from people.
Every time I aim a direction everything is going to total *bs*

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
That's part of the problem, the last years were really bad and about the most expensive for me.
Surrounded by crap I don't care about, I'm pretty much down and left with 10% and I just want to get away from people.
Yes, everything is kind of sideways at the moment. But, my friend, you're young and got a lot of travel time ahead of you. And a lot of time to recoup any losses. Maybe you'll be backpacking the world, sailing the oceans, or flying in your private Learjet in 10, 15, or 20 years. It's all open and all possible. Don't let a long term prognosis based on current events infect your psyche with negativity. Tomorrow, and tomorrow's tomorrow, are new days.

MattLodi

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Reggio Emilia, RE, Italia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lodi
Well this isn't necessarily a bad thing, my fellow namesake. Over the last year i've sold a lot of things (even my almost new car and i'm considering to sell my beloved motorbike) but the real problem was, why did i buy all those things? Btw now i know what i really care about. Regarding the people i feel the same, but that's probably because I have different interests from the people around me, i don't like to spend my spare time/money
sitting at the bar like my friends do.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

maybe goals are just the end of the road. Detours are just sideway adventures and everything will fall in place.
I found out the hard way that nothing in this world is sure. Nobody is a friend forever and the goals I had arent the goals I have today.
Sometimes you have to make loads of detours before you reach A goal. And then?........... go for the next trip towards a new goal.

But one thing. In 2013 my life almost ended. So, from that moment on I do what I like. And if I dont like it anymore, I wont keep doing it.
So Mathias, go, take your car and start driving. You would wonder how many beautiful places there are out there. And places without people are even more then you think.
You will notice that this is even closer to home as you think.

Dont stay home, just go out. Maybe you will find your own road less travelled.

Reactions: MazeVX

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Well I guess we just need to sit back and wait a little, maybe we go to turkey... It was on the list anyway
yep, relax and reset. I cannot omagine being in Europe right now altho my daughter lives in London and my wife is in Africa today
relax, reset, maybe explore close to home. I overland specifically within the 100 mile rule, often within 50 miles of home
my cultural travel involves air. Today air travel is way cheaper than vehicular travel. I often fly and rent

thinking of everyone so close to the conflict. wishing you all well

DSC_0008.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We are going this afternoon to Weeze. A Globetrotter weekend. Matthias, a good place to find new goals.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

just need a tent and car to drive there. it aint a tour it is a meet up. And yes, that purse thing I fully understand. Cheer up, after that it will be good again.