Hoosier National Forest meetup

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I had a great time this past weekend with fellow Overlanders: @MidwestOverlanders, All things Overlanding, Bo Robinson and Adam Stout (I know these guys are members but cant remember their usernames) camping and exploring the Hoosier National Forest. If you are passing thru Indiana, it is worth driving and camping a night or two. Now, for the part we all love: Pictures!!!

Nickkartes

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indianapolis IN
Member #

I live in Indianapolis and we frequent a little two track in the Charles deem wilderness. Wondering if you could drop a pin or map showing where exactly in the Hoosier national this is at!?

Great looking jeep btw

Chief Indy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Camby, Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Also Indianapolis and would love to know where some actual trails are not an offroad park. I didn't know hoosier national forest have any 4X4 trails and I have lived in indana my entire life.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Also Indianapolis and would love to know where some actual trails are not an offroad park. I didn't know hoosier national forest have any 4X4 trails and I have lived in indana my entire life.
We will be having a Overland Bound - Midwest meet down near there in August...you should come. We may not hit all the trails on that meet but it would be a good time to discuss some of the routes we take and get to know some of the local Overlanders. Here is a pic of me doing a water crossing at a recent meet a few weeks ago down near Yellowwood National Forest. There is all kinds of roads to explore. I don't know if i'd necessarily call them trails, but as you can see some of them can be a little challenging. _RLS0464.JPG

Chief Indy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Camby, Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We will be having a Overland Bound - Midwest meet down near there in August...you should come. We may not hit all the trails on that meet but it would be a good time to discuss some of the routes we take and get to know some of the local Overlanders. Here is a pic of me doing a water crossing at a recent meet a few weeks ago down near Yellowwood National Forest. There is all kinds of roads to explore. I don't know if i'd necessarily call them trails, but as you can see some of them can be a little challenging. View attachment 23718
I couldn't be following you thru that water crossing but more then willing to do about anything else! Have you set a location?

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I couldn't be following you thru that water crossing but more then willing to do about anything else! Have you set a location?

It isn't usually quite this bad... we had just had a bunch of rain the few days before. I am looking into some locations near Story, IN.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

We will be having a Overland Bound - Midwest meet down near there in August...you should come. We may not hit all the trails on that meet but it would be a good time to discuss some of the routes we take and get to know some of the local Overlanders. Here is a pic of me doing a water crossing at a recent meet a few weeks ago down near Yellowwood National Forest. There is all kinds of roads to explore. I don't know if i'd necessarily call them trails, but as you can see some of them can be a little challenging.
If I'm not out of town in August I may try to make it out. Sounds like it would be a good time.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

If I'm not out of town in August I may try to make it out. Sounds like it would be a good time.

Check out this post for more info on this summer meet...make a post on the thread because when it gets closer to that time I am going to PM people and remind them..

Reactions: dj_mccomas

Pull the Pin

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Cottageville, West Virginia
Member #

Would anyone have any gps coordinates for a camping site not far off interstate 64 in the Hooiser National Forest. I will be coming from WV heading towards CO. This is were I want to stop the first night to camp passing through. Thank you

totalnobody

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, Ohio
Member #

Hey I am heading to Co. from Columbus, Oh. that sounds like a good idea ya got there Pull the pin!

short run for first stop but sure sounds like a pretty chill way to start my trip.