Hollister Hills OHV

• HTML tutorial

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

SO I'm looking to do a day trip to Hollister Hills with my Jeep. Does that interest anyone. Its good for all experienced types too. I may go on 12/5. I went a few months back and took a coworker off road for the first time and he did this. This makes me eager to try my WJ.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Thats the new "adventure track" they set up, was there a couple of weeks ago, its pretty fun. Built more for smaller, less capable vehicles than the full size obstacle course...

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Now that we're a little closer to it I'm going to try and plan to pull my popup to the obstacle course campground that Friday afternoon/evening and we can make a meetup site on Saturday...if others be interested, that is...

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I know. I'm locked, I just don't relish the idea of getting the trailer stuck. It's not huge, but its heavy :-)

The main trail in to OC CG is pretty basic tho. More like fire road.

Last edited:

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
Hello again, I'm not sure who has signed up as of yet, but NCLR has an informal gathering called a MORG (Monthly Off-Road Gathering) the 1st Saturday of the month usually at HHSVRA. Look for a bunch of leaky Rovers parked near the ranger station beginning about 10:00a. Not a "rover-only" meet-up so if your looking for a few more like-minded folks to wheel with, meet-up, say hi and let's go... #buddysystem ;-)

NCLR Board Member
Director of Affairs

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

Hello again, I'm not sure who has signed up as of yet, but NCLR has an informal gathering called a MORG (Monthly Off-Road Gathering) the 1st Saturday of the month usually at HHSVRA. Look for a bunch of leaky Rovers parked near the ranger station beginning about 10:00a. Not a "rover-only" meet-up so if your looking for a few more like-minded folks to wheel with, meet-up, say hi and let's go... #buddysystem ;-)

NCLR Board Member
Director of Affairs
I may have seen you guys a few times at Hollister. Thanks for the invite. Ill be in the park closer to 9 but will see if anyone from this group want to meet up. I will have my kids with me on this trip, thats why Ill only be hanging around for a half day.

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
Yea, there's usually a group from 3 to 15 trucks on any given month.... Obstacle courses, top of the world, all the usual suspects... I'm not sure how many NCLR folks are planning on going in Dec but well see at 10:00 ;-)

Hope to see you out there!

Tom