Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Is anyone interested in joining this weekend? I am going to practice technical skill for OTG. Arriving friday and departing sunday. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I might be able to go on Sunday. My daughters birthday is that weekend on Saturday and I might have a chance to get away on Sunday morning.

Reactions: MrsFantastico

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

I might be able to go on Sunday. My daughters birthday is that weekend on Saturday and I might have a chance to get away on Sunday morning.
Cool, Well when we get there we will post where we set up camp. Probably aiming to clear by afternoon sunday.

Reactions: Mike G

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Hmmm, I might come down for a day. Haven't been to HH in a while. In fact, my sister wants to go with me sometime. She had the truck before I owned it (it was totally stock) and she's really interested to see what it's like off road with all the bells and whistles on it now. She never took off road at all.

As the date gets loser I'll let you know if I can make it. @Meta6981, how familiar are you with the park? Are there certain areas you typically go?

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Hmmm, I might come down for a day. Haven't been to HH in a while. In fact, my sister wants to go with me sometime. She had the truck before I owned it (it was totally stock) and she's really interested to see what it's like off road with all the bells and whistles on it now. She never took off road at all.

As the date gets loser I'll let you know if I can make it. @Meta6981, how familiar are you with the park? Are there certain areas you typically go?
I am decently framiliar with the park. Limited experiance in my own rig (just added mods right before overland expo, check my build thread for mods). I also wanted to give my girl wheel time and for both of us to get some more practice in before OTG. Really test out see what my rig can tolorate before being way out in the boonies.

I feel pretty comfortable handling intermidiate trails if they have not changed too much. Probably no go on black diamonds.

Last edited:

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Ok cool. I am too, it's just been awhile since I've been there. Years ago, I was there once a month, but then got the "been there, done that" syndrome and went less frequently. I have a friend who is looking to do a shake down run after getting his truck back (rebuilt motor, new & bigger tires). I sent him a message about that weekend too.

I'm sure we have different names for the same locations, so I'll be sure to grab a map at the Ranger Station so we are (literally) on the same page ;) On the map, I think they call it Hector Heights, I know it as Top of the World.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Ok cool. I am too, it's just been awhile since I've been there. Years ago, I was there once a month, but then got the "been there, done that" syndrome and went less frequently. I have a friend who is looking to do a shake down run after getting his truck back (rebuilt motor, new & bigger tires). I sent him a message about that weekend too.

I'm sure we have different names for the same locations, so I'll be sure to grab a map at the Ranger Station so we are (literally) on the same page ;) On the map, I think they call it Hector Heights, I know it as Top of the World.
I think i could make it to hector hieghts.....did it before in a lightly modded jk wrangler (lift and tires) but had to stop half way up in that rig due to oil getting too warm. But sure would love to meet up. I will have my cb up and running prolly channel 16 (seems to be OB standard).

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Ok. I'll know for sure ahead of time. Maybe we can just pick a time and place that's easy to get to, like the bathrooms by the original obstacle course at 10:00am, or something like that.

I have a CB as well so that will make finding each other and the rest of the day easier.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

So it turns out I have a wedding to attend that weekend. I thought I could skip it, but that was a foolish idea apparently;) Hope to meet you at OTG instead!

Reactions: Meta6981

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Coming up quick. I am reattaching my roof rack today and prepping to depart after the work week Friday.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Responded to your other thread as well. Some answers here but not all. Hope you catch service soon. Usually not a problem as you near Hector Heights