Hitting the 395 for the first time! Need Suggestions for family trip!

• HTML tutorial

Trusty JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culver City, CA, USA
Member #

Hello all,

I'm taking a 4 day trip with my wife and year and a half old son to the 395 area. I've never been and I'm looking for some spots to camp that are not to remote because its just us and to too difficult to get to. We are definetly going to stay a night in Alabama Hills. I would love some suggestions on places and spots! I've been looking at maps and google earth. We would also like to check out any nice little towns or beautiful landmarks. Any suggestions please??? I'm reaching out to the Overland Bound community!!!!! Thanks!!!

Reactions: Narbob

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Obsidian mountain is always a nice stop. June lake loop. Fossil falls. Second the Bodie Marconi road.

Reactions: Trusty JK

MDain

Rank 0

Contributor I

We came back from Tahoe on the 395 yesterday. on a friends suggestion, we drove the June Lake loop and stopped by the Silver Lake cafe. Got caught in a freak rainstorm, but had a great time. We will definitely be going back to spend a few days at June and Gull.

MDain

Rank 0

Contributor I

It was our first time through the loop, so I don’t know what normal crowds look like. It didn’t seem overly crowded, and we didn’t have time to do any exploring off the main road. I’m already planning a solo trip up there next week. The wife and kids will be home with school and work.