Vista, CA
First Name
STEPHEN
Last Name
KEMPERT
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6TYU
I made a video to show people the options I ordered for my build. Love this trailer! Any questions let me know.

Video here

Thanks for the great option overview. Hiker is at the top of my interest list. How long have you had your trailer and do you like it? Anything you would do different?

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Definitely a nice trailer.
Website prices it at 7400 which is a bargain, no way you could build it for less.

I really like your choices too.
2 doors without the window/screen option 100%

Last edited:

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I have had it since earlier this year. March range. I would change anything at this point. I debated on the darche awning for the cost but love how it covers just need to get a couple walls.

ZachSW

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stanwood, WA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Williams
Couple questions for ya as I’m about to pull the trigger on a 5x9 extreme off road as I’m towing with a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler 4door on 37’s. Do you like how much room you have inside? And would change anything with your galley?

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

My home bilt is 5x10, tons of room. I store my doors in the front 2'. Depends on how much you pack.
I'd say 5x9 is perfect, fits a full size mattress for 2.

The 5' wide behind a Wrangler has 2 big advantages.
The stock mirrors can see past the 5' wide.
And reversing you can see both sides of trailer, keeping it straight is easy.
The skinnier 4' wide and ultra short Expo trailers can fuck off before you see them.

DSC_0122.jpeg

Last edited:

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

We are headed to Denver on 5 June to pick up our 5X8 Hiker HD. We are then camping our way back to central Washington until about 2 July. Was happy to see your video review, it confirms our build decisions... thanks.

Reactions: mattd