• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

I did a quick over night trip up Canoe Mountain, which is just south of Valemount BC where we live. It’s about 13km from the turn off on the highway to the top of the mountain, and you can drive right to the very top. The road wasn’t to bad, it’s got some rough rocky spots, a little grown in in spots, but overall not a tough trail that most rigs even in stock form can do. It dipped down to -4 overnight and there was already an inch of snow at the top, we camped out under the canopy of our truck, I tried tucking in out of the wind behind the old radio building, but it was still windy.
View attachment 67920
Camp for the night.
View attachment 67921
Our camping set up for the trip, I need to get a longer hose for the buddy heater.
A short montage of the trip.

If anyone is planning a trip in this area, this is a must do drive.

Ländi88

Rank 0

Contributor I

Switzerland
First Name
Juerg
Last Name
Dedual
I missed this peak when I passed by from Mt. Robson in 2014 ... but the 24ft RV might not have made it up there.
It's much easier here in Switzerland .... paved two lane roads up to 2500m (8500ft) as you see my rig on a trip this year:
IMAG2306.jpgIMAG2306.jpg
(picture below has been taken from top of the black mountain on the right)

I even made it up to 3050m (10'000 feet) on gravel .... if you look close you might see the Land Rover in the center:
IMAG2370.jpg
And that's the view of my overnight parking spot:
IMAG2424.jpg