High Water Mark Trail - April 2017

• HTML tutorial

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Starting from south you will hit the most technical part of the trail first, so if your not doing the whole trail, going south to north is the best way to go. Hope you guys have a good time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I appreciate it. I will be sure to do a trip report. We are hoping to have drone footage as well, but we will see lol.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Today I took sometime to officially prep for next weekend's trip by doing a mock setup.

Started by taking inventory and surprisingly, the only things I still need to get are new stakes and extra tarps, since there is currently a little rain in the forecast.

Setup the tent (Colman - Montana 8). This was a chore as the winds are north of 20mph and obviously I wasn't staking the corners down.

Inventory of tools was next. Check!

Everything loaded up... fits like a glove.

Last weekend I rewired the lights on the rack for the WJ. The rack was previously on our WK2. This was a little nerve racking since I decided to drill into the roof. But once that drill bit started rotating... no going back!

Lastly, last night my new driveshaft from Carolina Driveline came in. So this morning I put that pretty little thang in.

Ready to roll! I'm grinning from ear to ear with excitement for next weekend.

KevinO

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arkansas
Today I took sometime to officially prep for next weekend's trip by doing a mock setup.

Started by taking inventory and surprisingly, the only things I still need to get are new stakes and extra tarps, since there is currently a little rain in the forecast.

Setup the tent (Colman - Montana 8). This was a chore as the winds are north of 20mph and obviously I wasn't staking the corners down.

Inventory of tools was next. Check!

Everything loaded up... fits like a glove.

Last weekend I rewired the lights on the rack for the WJ. The rack was previously on our WK2. This was a little nerve racking since I decided to drill into the roof. But once that drill bit started rotating... no going back!

Lastly, last night my new driveshaft from Carolina Driveline came in. So this morning I put that pretty little thang in.

Ready to roll! I'm grinning from ear to ear with excitement for next weekend.

How do you like the auxbeams? I just bought a 22 inch cree with the 5d lenses. I'm putting it behind the grill of my Tahoe.

Sent from an Android

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Nice. I'm hoping the 22 inch is relativity bright. It says 12k lumens so I'm hoping that's true. Did yours come with the wording harness that has the little click button?

Sent from an Android
Yeah, but I didn't use any of it. I wanted different rocker switches and I installed resisters for the front, rear and sides.

Dark Path

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flower Mound, TX
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Drew
Member #

You look like you're ready!
+1 on the Auxbeam lights...been using mine for almost 2 years with no issues!

What kind of bins are those? I need to get some new waterproof ones for my rack and those look pretty "industrial"?

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Starting this trail tomorrow! super excited. How was the trails overall condition? how were the water crossings?
The trip was amazing. We just did the southern loop and it was great. Trail conditions were perfect, although there was some mud, so there's that. All of the crossings were easy without second guessing.

I'm working on getting photos, since I didn't take many with my phone, maybe 10 or less.

This was for my bachelor party, it was one for the record books. I'll update with photos soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Chaos

Dark Path

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flower Mound, TX
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Drew
Member #

Glad you guys had a good time!
Great pics too!!

BTW...Those 35" tires look "beastly" on your jeep!
What tires are they and were they easy to balance?

matt1171

Rank 0

Traveler I

Glad you guys had a great trip. I know this area very well. Please note that the Google Map you shared and used for your trip is an old one and has trails on it that are now closed and illegal to be on. Anytime you find old routes online you MUST compare them to the latest MVU maps the forest service puts out to make sure the trails on the route are actually open.