Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
I know many of you have mounting points for your hi-lift on a bumper, basket, rack, etc. Do you keep your jack mounted there all the time, or take it down when you're not overlanding? How do you keep it clean, and how often do you lube it up?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I have my Hi Lift mounted to the side of my Baja Rack. I just leave it up all the time because I made custom brackets that work well and lock everything in nicely. I really should take it down when I am not wheeling to decrease weight, but I added so much weight to my vehicle I stopped caring... it's not a daily driver. I do take it down often and check it, repaint any nicks, and lubricate/do the following (I had this saved from 4Wheel Parts):

- If the moving parts of the jack or steel standard are clogged, use air pressure, water pressure, or a stiff brush to clean. Use a nonflammable cleaning solvent or other good degreaser to clean the jack.
- Remove any existing rust, preferably with a penetrating lubricant.
- Lubricate the jack using white lithium grease, light penetrating oil, or a silicon or Teflon spray at the following points:
Steel Bar
Pitman Pin
Climbing Pins & Springs
- DO NOT use motor oil or grease to lubricate the jack.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Captain Josh