Enthusiast I

Worcestershire, UK
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Booker
Member #

Hey everyone, new member here!

Rig: 2012 LR Defender, 2.2 Puma 6 speed manual.
Exp: Novice. Have green laned a bit in UK. France and Spain and Morocco off road. Love the travel, new places peoples and just something different. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does. New at using forums as well :(

Attachments

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Welcome!

Love these Defenders, yours is no exception. A member of my local 4WD club has one (the body style with the short pickup bed) and it always draws a crowd. What are your thoughts on the new one?

Reactions: Trekker52

Trekker52

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Worcestershire, UK
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Booker
Member #

Welcome!

Love these Defenders, yours is no exception. A member of my local 4WD club has one (the body style with the short pickup bed) and it always draws a crowd. What are your thoughts on the new one?
How long have you got. A friend works at JLR and states that this is the most capable vehicle that Landrover has built. First impression when comparing to my defender was that it was more car style internally certainly not rough and ready that a defender could be described as. Reminded me of my first jeep. A 4ltr auto Ltd Cherokee. Loved that car. Have sat inside the new defender and yes I would have one. Used an online vehicle configurator for the defender and stopped at £85k. They will not be cheap.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey everyone, new member here!

Rig: 2012 LR Defender, 2.2 Puma 6 speed manual.
Exp: Novice. Have green laned a bit in UK. France and Spain and Morocco off road. Love the travel, new places peoples and just something different. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does. New at using forums as well :(
Hey, Welcome from the Pacific NorthWest of the United States! That is a beautiful rig you have there. Wanna trade?

Reactions: Trekker52

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

How long have you got. A friend works at JLR and states that this is the most capable vehicle that Landrover has built. First impression when comparing to my defender was that it was more car style internally certainly not rough and ready that a defender could be described as. Reminded me of my first jeep. A 4ltr auto Ltd Cherokee. Loved that car. Have sat inside the new defender and yes I would have one. Used an online vehicle configurator for the defender and stopped at £85k. They will not be cheap.
I, not a Land Rover loyalist, and having never owned one, really like them. If I were in the market, I'd be super-interested.

Zharick

Rank I

Member I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Captain
Last Name
Placeholder
Member #

Yay, someone that has something good to say about the New Defender! My wife fell in love with the look of it, and after test-driving it I absolutely fell in love with it. And from every hands-on review I've seen on YT where they take them off-road, it's just as capable as any other 4x4. We are hoping to get ours delivered by Dec, but it might not happen until Jan.

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

Yay, someone that has something good to say about the New Defender! My wife fell in love with the look of it, and after test-driving it I absolutely fell in love with it. And from every hands-on review I've seen on YT where they take them off-road, it's just as capable as any other 4x4. We are hoping to get ours delivered by Dec, but it might not happen until Jan.
Quite honestly it’s the traditional enthusiasts that are complaining about it. The general public is going to eat it up.

It’s a stunning car and superbly capable. Stock to stock I new vs old I’m certain the old one (sorry to those owners) would be left behind. As well it would do it in comfort. I briefly drove an early 2000 d90 and don’t get me wrong it’s certainly a cool car I’m just too tall for it and I was shopping for a long distance rig. Our last trip was 9000 km in 18 days. So the Discovery was the winner. I’m not knocking the pervious “generation” defender. It just didn’t fit into our needs.

Reactions: Zharick

Zharick

Rank I

Member I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Captain
Last Name
Placeholder
Member #

Quite honestly it’s the traditional enthusiasts that are complaining about it. The general public is going to eat it up.

It’s a stunning car and superbly capable. Stock to stock I new vs old I’m certain the old one (sorry to those owners) would be left behind. As well it would do it in comfort. I briefly drove an early 2000 d90 and don’t get me wrong it’s certainly a cool car I’m just too tall for it and I was shopping for a long distance rig. Our last trip was 9000 km in 18 days. So the Discovery was the winner. I’m not knocking the pervious “generation” defender. It just didn’t fit into our needs.
How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and had so much room on the new one, even on the back seats there was plenty of head and leg room. We're super happy that we found something extremely off-road capable and very comfortable as a daily driver.

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and had so much room on the new one, even on the back seats there was plenty of head and leg room. We're super happy that we found something extremely off-road capable and very comfortable as a daily driver.
Sorry I meant I’m too tall for the original defender, to drive across country.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Covid 19 really has scuppered 2020. What are peoples plans for 2021?
You should put this question on the West Europe regional page also.
Your local Member Representative @professorpool can advise you about local meet-ups.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Hello and welcome, to answer your question, my plans for 2021 is to keep saving up for that future 4x4 I want.