Here is my teardrop build.

• HTML tutorial

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I have been doing a lot of work on the the teardrop to get it ready for our first trip. It was done enough to go but we needed one of our vacation days to finish so things. We spent two nights in Kofa Wildlife Refuge in NW AZ. We were amazed at how much room we had to stow things. The trailer pulled great, both on and off road. We slept great and ate much better than we used to when we camped.

We still have a list of things to finish, and Meg now wants a refrigerator/freezer. I’ll post some better picture of things like the stove table and the dining table when I get some close up shots. But here are a few of the drop.

20190317-IMG_3838.jpg

20190317-IMG_3852.jpg

20190317-IMG_3747.jpg

20190317-IMG_3739.jpg

20190318-IMG_3936.jpg

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

What a nice build. Well done.

I do have a teardrop as well, and it needs some repairs this spring, which made me think about bedliner as well. I like the smoother texture that you did.

Reactions: Todd & Meg

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Great shots from a really beautiful trip! @Albaro, here's more pics of Todd's trailer build!

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
You Sir, have some talent. Well done! I completed a teardrop trailer project last year (I bought a partially completed project from another builder). I had fun doing it, but looking at yours, I know the attention to detail you had to maintain to get to the finish line. Nice photos of the trailer in action.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Having been a professional photographer, I love your pix. I can't wait to get home to my trailer and get it out on the road.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Having been a professional photographer, I love your pix. I can't wait to get home to my trailer and get it out on the road.
Thank you, I went to school for photography. Work as a full time and freelance assistant in Chicago doing mostly food photography shooting 4X5, 8X10, and even some 11X14. It was fun and we shot some cool stuff, I got to the point I needed to either go full time pro, stay an assistant of something else. I got into construction, sheet metal worker.

I got real burned out with photograph for quite a few years because of the digital equipment race. Things have settled down now and I am enjoying taking pictures again.

We have a few trips on the camper now and have some more planed. We are calling them "shake down trips" then we will do the maiden voyage in the fall probably to Colorado for 10 days to see the fall colors. We might get up your way this summer I have a nephew in Fort Collins that has a new baby my wife wants to see.

I bet you do want to get back west. I hear it might be late this year for the high passes to open with all the snow this year.

Todd