First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Henness Pass OHV Trail
That looks like a great trek. Wonder if @Kent R has done that one?
So I'm thinking about doing this trail soon...wondering if anyone on here has done it?

It should be pretty easy, and thats fine because I'm still learning the limits of what my rig (and I) am capable of.

Reactions: PeteCole

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
The main dirt roads into/out of the area are pretty mellow, but tight in some places with poor chances to pass. Not sure what the snow is going to be like up there... @JCWages lives near by and can provide some more trail intel. Bowman lake is going to be nuts this weekend so plan accordingly... There might also be snow and downed trees in the area still.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Henness Pass OHV Trail

So I'm thinking about doing this trail soon...wondering if anyone on here has done it?

It should be pretty easy, and thats fine because I'm still learning the limits of what my rig (and I) am capable of.
Awesome! Have fun!

Reactions: PeteCole

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

It's a fun mellow trail. There are some tight spots which result in pinstripes due to buckbrush but otherwise easy. You can take it to Jackson Meadows Lake then hit pavement for 12 miles or so then reconnect to dirt on the other side of Hwy89 and continue on all the way to Verdi, NV.

Like @rho said, the Bowman area will likely be pretty nutty this weekend so avoid that area and watch for crazy side by side drivers! Snow should be all clear by now but be aware there may still be trees and or debris on the trail.

If you need a GPX track let me know. I have it mapped but it includes a trek up to White Rock Lake which is not advised until very late summer due to snow.

Reactions: DaleRF

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
I was in the area last week, there isn't much snow like there has been in the past this time of year. Memorial day weekend used to be a doable trip for me in that area 10 years ago, but not anymore. Way too crowded. Hennes pass road is relatively easy and a good trail to learn the ropes. Go with a friend if you can. If you are new and learning it always helps to have a friend that can pull you out of a sticky situation.

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I was in the area last week, there isn't much snow like there has been in the past this time of year. Memorial day weekend used to be a doable trip for me in that area 10 years ago, but not anymore. Way too crowded. Hennes pass road is relatively easy and a good trail to learn the ropes. Go with a friend if you can. If you are new and learning it always helps to have a friend that can pull you out of a sticky situation.
Definitely!