• HTML tutorial

Unknown Direction

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Messila
Member #

hey guys,

i would like to change the name of my Overland team. Its called Venture Overland... i would like to find a nice catchy name for my team. can throw few names out there for me please.

our instagram is voverland check us out to give you ideas on what we do exactly. or videos of our trips on https://www.youtube.com/user/MKALSABAH

thanks

Barton Fink

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Here
Here's my utterly worthless .02 on the matter. Mostly I suffer this quietly, or grump about it around a campfire after too many beers. Nonetheless, it seems like there is no creativity in naming at all and folks just mad lib it. Maybe every subculture falls prey to this.

Rock n' Roll certainly does it...
My (adjective) (noun)
(Band leader's name) & the (adjective) (noun)
The (whatevers)

Overlanding is lousy with it...
(State) Overland
(State Nickname) Overland
(Geographical Region) Overland
(Something) Overland

May I implore you to take a page out of fantastic expeditions in the past? Name your rigs, or riff on something like NASA shuttle, or rocket missions. Name your group after Greek/Roman/Nordic mythology. Borrow from classic literature.

Please, for the love of creativity, don't become another bland, BLANK Overland, indiscernible from the sea of similarly monikered teams. If you do, I'll buy a dozen stickers and put them on EVERYTHING.

Gotta run. There are kids that need me to yell at them about being on my lawn.

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Here's my utterly worthless .02 on the matter. Mostly I suffer this quietly, or grump about it around a campfire after too many beers. Nonetheless, it seems like there is no creativity in naming at all and folks just mad lib it. Maybe every subculture falls prey to this.

My (adjective) (noun)
The (whatevers)

(State) Overland
(Something) Overland

May I implore you to take a page out of fantastic expeditions in the past? Name your rigs, or riff on something like NASA shuttle, or rocket missions. Name your group after Greek/Roman/Nordic mythology. Borrow from classic literature.

Please, for the love of creativity, don't become another bland, BLANK Overland, indiscernible from the sea of similarly monikered teams. If you do, I'll buy a dozen stickers and put them on EVERYTHING.

I'd enjoy hearing you grump around a campfire anytime!

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

My (adjective) (noun)
The (whatevers)

(State) Overland
(Something) Overland

That's some pretty good advice. I named my "team" something generic mainly because it was a name not taken on Instagram, but it seems boring and pretty uncreative.

Reactions: SeguineJ

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
Hmmmmm lots of potential here. I like the OVERLAND first like Overland Bound...

You could go with something like "The Tortoises: An Overland Expedition team"

Or Dusty and the Roads, like a rock band.

Sorry @twin magnolias...

Bob (Badass Oberland Bunch) or other acronym

Broverland (If you're a bro)

My ski/bike team is called Team Bacon Strip.

I have an overland team name I am holding in reserve for when the kids are older...

I actually have a lot of ideas, most of them terrible. Now what I know someone is interested I'll share them. Mostly the terrible ones.

-M

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Hipster band name version: Overland Underground (or reverse it, either way), slogan: You're Probably Not Familiar With Our Influences.
Minor detail in popular fantasy novel version (FYI, Bold Laughter is the name of a ship involved in the Battle of the Blackwater in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin): Bold Laughter Overland, slogan: Off Camber? Bold Laughter!
Footloose vagabond version: Windswept Overland, slogan: Wherever the wind blows us...
Overly aggressive, obviously compensating for something version: Rock Crushing Trail Slayers, slogan: 35" and Above Only.
Constantly stuck but very well lit version: Lights Before Lockers Overland, slogan: Anybody Got a Winch?

Last edited:

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

My (adjective) (noun)
The (whatevers)

(State) Overland
(Something) Overland

In full agreement. Also, we need to get some beers next time im in GA.

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Hipster band name version: Overland Underground (or reverse it, either way), slogan: You're Probably Not Familiar With Our Influences.
Minor detail in popular fantasy novel version: Bold Laughter Overland, slogan: Off Camber? Bold Laughter!
Footloose vagabond version: Windswept Overland, slogan: Wherever the wind blows us...
Overly aggressive, obviously compensating for something version: Rock Crushing Trail Slayers, slogan: 35" and Above Only.
Constantly stuck but very well lit version: Lights Before Lockers Overland, slogan: Anybody Got a Winch?
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
#Dead

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

Where are yall based out of? I feel that always a good place to start when it comes to a team name. Or do yall have an inside joke of some type? If so base it around that

Example: if me and my geology guys formed a team it would likely be something along the lines of "Fluvial Coprolites" or "Larantide Orogeny"

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

Minor detail in popular fantasy novel version (FYI, Bold Laughter is the name of a ship involved in the Battle of the Blackwater in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin): Bold Laughter Overland, slogan: Off Camber? Bold Laughter!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha this is $$$$$$$