Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Yesterday I said, mostly to myself, I need a new sleeping bag, tent, and sleeping pad. My wife says “Yes you do we have the money find what you want on Amazon and we will order it” So I did what I was told I found me a great heavy duty oversized sleeping bag a suitable 3 season tent a sleeping pad from the same company as the bag then I went one step further picked out a cot. I gave everything on the list to my wife ( I added a couple other items mostly because I like gadgets and things knowing there is no way she is going to order all this stuff). I had run up a total of around $750 or so. She sat down T the computer next thing I know my wife turns to me and says “ There it should all be here in the next 10 days oh I doubled the order on sleeping bags pads cots upgraded to a larger tent, ordered another water jug and ordered two sets of recovery boards for us . I can’t wait to go with you” Help I don’t know what to do! She has never wanted to go with before. Am I in trouble? I don’t cheat on her or anything but her idea of camping is a bad reviewed holiday inn

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Well sir with out knowing much of how your relationship is Ex: his an her activities to each self or partners in crime style.

I would think it's good she is wanting to be involved in your overlanding adventures, unless it's been deemed a guys only trip.

79burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evant, Texas, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Well sir with out knowing much of how your relationship is Ex: his an her activities to each self or partners in crime style.

I would think it's good she is wanting to be involved in your overlanding adventures, unless it's been deemed a guys only trip.
I would have to agree, maybe she’s always thought about it, and finally said it was time she went with you

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

My wife didn't want me to sell the 23zero walkabout 72 I had because she said it would fit both of us. I called her BS and sold it and got the tent I want because I knew damn well she wasn't coming with me.

johnspa

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wi.
First Name
John
Last Name
Spanjers
Yesterday I said, mostly to myself, I need a new sleeping bag, tent, and sleeping pad. My wife says “Yes you do we have the money find what you want on Amazon and we will order it” So I did what I was told I found me a great heavy duty oversized sleeping bag a suitable 3 season tent a sleeping pad from the same company as the bag then I went one step further picked out a cot. I gave everything on the list to my wife ( I added a couple other items mostly because I like gadgets and things knowing there is no way she is going to order all this stuff). I had run up a total of around $750 or so. She sat down T the computer next thing I know my wife turns to me and says “ There it should all be here in the next 10 days oh I doubled the order on sleeping bags pads cots upgraded to a larger tent, ordered another water jug and ordered two sets of recovery boards for us . I can’t wait to go with you” Help I don’t know what to do! She has never wanted to go with before. Am I in trouble? I don’t cheat on her or anything but her idea of camping is a bad reviewed holiday inn
Oh boy I know what you mean. Ive been married 30+ yrs and retired. My wife still works, so Im on my own a lot, to do what I please.
Now, Im a dirty guy. Construction all my life, and always working on something.. i do things crudely and rough and Im always in a hurry. I havent bought new clothes in many moons.Dont need them. I just wreck em.
My wife on the other hand is a girly,reserved person and is a psychiatric nurse. Nice clothes,clean,polite, and likes nice restaurants,hotels, etc.(Not for me).
We get along great in our different worlds.
But thats all going to change in about 2 yrs when she retires. She has been mentioning about all the traveling we can do together etc. when she does.
I kind of feel as if my little world is going to end. Im sure it will be a great time, as our last 30 yrs were together. It never is as bad as I portray things to be in my mind.
After all, attitude is everything.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
27 yrs we’ve been together and for the most part it seems like a lot less. I love and adore my wife and I am actually very happy about this attitude change of hers towards the outdoors. These are the type of things that keep marriages shall we say exciting

79burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

27 yrs we’ve been together and for the most part it seems like a lot less. I love and adore my wife and I am actually very happy about this attitude change of hers towards the outdoors. These are the type of things that keep marriages shall we say exciting
Well let us know how y’all first time out together goes, and have fun

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

My wife had never camped until she met me. She loved it because we started small, camps with showers, using a hotel every couple of days, making sure she had a great time. Within two years we were self stained for weeks at a time. Our honeymoon was 10 days to La Paz, Baja Sur and back. We camped for 30 plus years. I lost her 4 years ago, I value our trips so much more today. You have no idea loosing your spouse will F up your world, cherish your time with her or get out if you can't. YMMV.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
My wife had never camped until she met me. She loved it because we started small, camps with showers, using a hotel every couple of days, making sure she had a great time. Within two years we were self stained for weeks at a time. Our honeymoon was 10 days to La Paz, Baja Sur and back. We camped for 30 plus years. I lost her 4 years ago, I value our trips so much more today. You have no idea loosing your spouse will F up your world, cherish your time with her or get out if you can't. YMMV.
Same here she had never camped until after we were married but she never really enjoyed it. Now she is excited buying the gear setting it up in the house doing a lot of prep stuff we shall find out soon enough first trip of the year is ten days away

79burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I'm waiting for this response from my wife. Not sure I'm going to get it...:grimacing:
I really wish I had someone to go with me I could use a drill buddy a lot of times, but life just hasn’t worked out that way for me, I’m quite envious of you guys and I wish you all the best of luck

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

Maybe, just maybe your wife is looking at what is going on, and realized that spending time with loved ones is more important. This virus is teaching us values that our parents have taught us a long time ago ( well in my case). My wife and i seldom did things together, now we ride as a couple, just enjoying the time we have. Embrace the moment, before its gone.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I don't see what the problem is. Sounds like she wants to spend time with you, sharing something you enjoy. Did you marry her to get away from her? Or to be with her. If its the former, get divorced, you will both be happier eventually, in the long run. If its the latter, buckle up, she's going to push you to new heights.