Hello Nebraska

• HTML tutorial

Bishbk

Rank 0

Traveler I

Omaha
Awesome! How is the camping situation down there? Also is it okay to have light 3-4 adults while over landing or just one person?

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Overlanding doesn't have any restrictions associated with it other than;

1) Common Sense: Only drive or camp on public lands or on land you have permission to be on. No trespassing or destruction of land.

2) Tread Lightly: Kinda goes along with the first one. Be respectful of the land.

3) Pack it out: Pack out whatever you take with you. Leave no trace that you were even there. Better yet, pack out MORE than what you brought in.

4) It is a family oriented adventure. Most definitely take your family, best buds, your pet, or whomever that you don't mind spending time in cramped quarters.

There is more to it but those were the main ones that popped into my head.

If you haven't already, please check out this thread here on the forums, It kinda explains Overland Bounds idea of overlanding.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-founding-principles.442/

The primitive camping areas are large sized areas with picnic tables and fire rings. I've never stayed in the cabins or rv areas so cant really comment on those.

Bishbk

Rank 0

Traveler I

Omaha
Overlanding doesn't have any restrictions associated with it other than;

1) Common Sense: Only drive or camp on public lands or on land you have permission to be on. No trespassing or destruction of land.

2) Tread Lightly: Kinda goes along with the first one. Be respectful of the land.

3) Pack it out: Pack out whatever you take with you. Leave no trace that you were even there. Better yet, pack out MORE than what you brought in.

4) It is a family oriented adventure. Most definitely take your family, best buds, your pet, or whomever that you don't mind spending time in cramped quarters.

There is more to it but those were the main ones that popped into my head.

If you haven't already, please check out this thread here on the forums, It kinda explains Overland Bounds idea of overlanding.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-founding-principles.442/

The primitive camping areas are large sized areas with picnic tables and fire rings. I've never stayed in the cabins or rv areas so cant really comment on those.

Cool, Thanks!!

ExpTheUnknown

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Liberty Park, 07305, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Chavers
Member #

Cool, Thanks!!
I took a weekend trip out there last month and it was pretty cool, I’d recommend it for sure, didn’t do much as for the trails but we stayed at whitetail campground and getting there was fairly easy. Mostly sandy dirt roads with some soft sandy spots. It had been raining for a few days before I got there so there were what looked like pretty decent mud holes on the trail but it was all hard bottom and shallow. Campgrounds right at the dismal river so you can walk down and chill out in he river. Was only knee deep when I was there not sure if that the norm. Welcome to the forums!

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Grand Island Nebraska meet and greet and food drive on Friday October 12th at 7:00 PM at the Sonic on N. Diers! Bring your rigs, your stories, your family, and some nonperishable food to donate to the local food bank.

Reactions: ForceXXI

MercedesOvrLnd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Omaha, NE, USA
Member #

Recently joined. Living in the Omaha area currently. My vehicle of choice is pretty unique. I have a 2002 Mercedes ML320 fitted with a AMG supercharger, lift kit, and 32's. It is fairly capable for what it is. Did a big trip this summer to Colorado and explored the mountains. Took a few other small trips this year in the Midwest as well. Definitely wanting to go check out tuttle creek next year and the Black Hills in South Dakota. It would be cool to meet others in the area to take trips with.

Reactions: norseman

Bishbk

Rank 0

Traveler I

Omaha
Recently joined. Living in the Omaha area currently. My vehicle of choice is pretty unique. I have a 2002 Mercedes ML320 fitted with a AMG supercharger, lift kit, and 32's. It is fairly capable for what it is. Did a big trip this summer to Colorado and explored the mountains. Took a few other small trips this year in the Midwest as well. Definitely wanting to go check out tuttle creek next year and the Black Hills in South Dakota. It would be cool to meet others in the area to take trips with.
Hey im from Omaha too. Let me know whe. You decide to take that trip. Im looking for people to go with also.

MercedesOvrLnd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Omaha, NE, USA
Member #

Hey im from Omaha too. Let me know whe. You decide to take that trip. Im looking for people to go with also.
For sure!
I have a trip to Hawaii in April and we'll see how much funds and time off that consumes, but luckily Tuttle is only 3 hours from omaha and would make a good weekend trip. Also exploring the idea of Moab next year as well. So many places I want to go, just a matter of time and money!

Reactions: norseman

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

For sure!
I have a trip to Hawaii in April and we'll see how much funds and time off that consumes, but luckily Tuttle is only 3 hours from omaha and would make a good weekend trip. Also exploring the idea of Moab next year as well. So many places I want to go, just a matter of time and money!
Just did the black hills this year, it was great. As for Moab...it is a must do! I did it by myself my first year, it was ok. Every time since then has been with 2 jeeps. Much more fun.

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

welcome to OB @MercedesOvrLnd ! Yes we all need to get an actual trip up and running here. Sounds like a winter camp to me.

norseman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kearney, NE
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lundell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0WWQ
Earlier this month I traded my 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Now the journey starts anew! :)IMG_1895.jpg IMG_2370.jpg

Reactions: ForceXXI

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
I hope everyone is doing well with the flooding. I'm sure there are some good mud trails now!
I'm sure there are but it will be hard to tell where the trail ends and the river begins....LOL

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Got my new rock rails/steps installed today. Pretty sturdy and looks better than the old rusty ones that came off.

Also got my 50" lightbar installed along with 2 cube lights. Haven't got the cubes wired in yet, waiting on the wiring kit from Amazon.

ToyoMo

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle, NE
Member #

Anybody start planning any trips for this summer? I don’t know if the Halsey trip ever happened, but if this is the year, I’m down. Rig won’t be ready for a couple more months, but I’ll keep an eye on the thread.