Kearney, NE
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lundell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0WWQ
Wow, I haven't checked in on this thread often enough. It looks like Halsey is a popular idea. If interested in doing this, this summer, lets start a conversation as far as dates, etc. June might be tough for me (I have a daughter graduating college out in LA an I will be exploring the western US with her after she graduates). Ideas for dates??

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
I would love some general information on Halsey. I've driven through the area a couple times and thought it would make a great camping spot.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

Hi all, I joined this site not too long ago. And while roaming around the forum today found this thread. It's great to see fellow Nebraskans here! I'm located in Lincoln, NE. And I would definitely join a meet up of the subgroup here.

Dpie1495

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lincoln, NE, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Piening
Member #

Hi all, I joined this site not too long ago. And while roaming around the forum today found this thread. It's great to see fellow Nebraskans here! I'm located in Lincoln, NE. And I would definitely join a meet up of the subgroup here.
Welcome! I am located west of Lincoln by 15 miles!

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: norseman and JK_pix

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

Thanks Dustin and Asa! I think the idea for a group trip to Halsey is a great one. I've been there once and there are a good amount of back roads/trails there. Until that one get's organized, we should plan an area meet-up. This year I got a roof top tent to go on my Jeep. Next year I plan to put it to a lot more use. It would be great to have others in the area to do various group trips with.

There is a great group called Nebraska Jeep Club based in Lincoln/Omaha. Nice people in the group and they do meet ups but are mostly focused on crawling at Tuttle Creek, Kansas Rocks, etc and Jeeps only. Nobody that I've met in the group is too interested in overland type of stuff. Plus, I could care less what type of vehicle someone drives. As long as they find overland type of travel interesting, we've got a common interest and that is all that matters to me.

Last edited:

Dpie1495

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lincoln, NE, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Piening
Member #

Well my name on here does me no good anymore I got a 99 Jeep xj now! (If it's possible to change my name? Let me know) and me and a buddy who isn't on here yet are looking to go to Halsey NE here very soon. It's our very first trip ever. My Jeep unfortunately is completely stock and I don't have anything I want to do a trip! But I might still go! Unfortunately I am in harvest right now so my time is limited! Also like I said before that my Jeep is completely bone stock and nothing has been done since some normal maintenance to make it a reliable jeep. Sad days when you have all these plans but have no time for them!!

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: norseman

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

One easy option is to pick a restaurant and just meet up there to get an intro to everyone. Another could be to meet up at a place that carries gear relevant to camping/overlanding such as Cabelas, or something. Or yet another could be if anyone knows of good trail nearby. I'm sure others will have some good ideas. Regardless which option, I'd be very interested in attending.

Reactions: ExpTheUnknown

ExpTheUnknown

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Liberty Park, 07305, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Chavers
Member #

Hello everyone! It’s kinda late notice but is anyone interested having our first meet up at Cabelas (in Omaha) on Saturday November 4th around noon?? If you’re available and want to meet up please comment and let me know,
Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: