Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

Alright, the weather is good again. There is no excuse for not getting out there. So, that said, when could work for a trip out to Halsey? I'm thinking arrive there on a Friday or Saturday, explore the trails and then camping overnight and back the next day as starter. Potential dates:

June 15/16
June 30/31
July 21/22

Anybody interested?

Also, I'm planning to join some Nebraska Jeepers in Ouray, CO during the week of August 20th if anyone is interested in that.

Reactions: norseman

FlightBenja

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nebraska
First Name
Ben
Last Name
George
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K0RSI
I'm In Lincoln, I've actually been wanting to get down to tuttle. Haven't been there yet

RugerOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

We were out to Halsey several weeks back. There is a remote camp site down by the dismal river. It’s called whitetail. It’s about 17 mi off the hwy. takes about an hour to get to. We set up in the dark. Left after work on a Friday. There is outhouses down there and non-potable water but that’s it. I’ll check the calendar for those dates. Wouldn’t mind going back.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

We were out to Halsey several weeks back. There is a remote camp site down by the dismal river. It’s called whitetail. It’s about 17 mi off the hwy. takes about an hour to get to. We set up in the dark. Left after work on a Friday. There is outhouses down there and non-potable water but that’s it. I’ll check the calendar for those dates. Wouldn’t mind going back.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Nice, I wasn't familiar with that one. Looks like a great option for camping there. Honestly I've driven around Halsey but not camped there. But very interested in doing so. I know there is also the Bessey Rec area that would be an option as well- http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/nebraska/halsey

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Reactions: JK_pix

Terra Firma

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Omaha, NE
Member #

Alright, the weather is good again. There is no excuse for not getting out there. So, that said, when could work for a trip out to Halsey? I'm thinking arrive there on a Friday or Saturday, explore the trails and then camping overnight and back the next day as starter. Potential dates:

June 15/16
June 30/31
July 21/22

Anybody interested?
Hey Everyone,

We would be interested in joining folks out in Halsey or down at Tuttle (been there three times) in late July/August! Would come out Friday after work/head back Sunday.

Who else is interested?

@Anthony Nocita ?
@DrGoofy ?
@FlightBenja ?
Others?

Dre7997

Rank 0

Contributor I

Howdy all! I just joined the forum and been reading up on this post. Good to see more folks in the Bellevue/Omaha area with the same interests and look forward to joining a few of y'all on some backcountry tails.

Reactions: freedomomelet

Blazing Saddles

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Omaha, NE
Member #

Hey Everyone,

We would be interested in joining folks out in Halsey or down at Tuttle (been there three times) in late July/August! Would come out Friday after work/head back Sunday.

Who else is interested?

@Anthony Nocita ?
@DrGoofy ?
@FlightBenja ?
Others?
Hello! Recently joined OB, live in West Omaha. We would love to join on a Halsey or Tuttle trip if it is still in the works.

Last edited:
Reactions: freedomomelet

RedBeard303

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lincoln, NE
Member #

I just joined and I live in Lincoln. I was just in Halsey before kayaking the dismal river and noticed only ohv's and didn't think you could take anything wider than 67" on them. Are there areas where the trails allow for full size vehicles? Is there any information on here about places to go in this desolate region for outdoor fun?

RedBeard303

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lincoln, NE
Member #

I went to tuttle creek today and it was a lot of fun! Spent 4 hrs or so on the trails and definitely didn't hit all that we could. About half of it our rigs couldn't handle, but we had a great time. We need to plan a trip there with some other members in the area soon. IMG_6668.JPGIMG_6659.JPGIMG_6646.JPGIMG_6624.JPG

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
I went to tuttle creek today and it was a lot of fun! Spent 4 hrs or so on the trails and definitely didn't hit all that we could. About half of it our rigs couldn't handle, but we had a great time. We need to plan a trip there with some other members in the area soon. View attachment 65868View attachment 65869View attachment 65870View attachment 65871
I just started a new job with the USPS so not sure about vacation time or even if I'm getting any weekends off but Tuttle Creek is on my bucket list at some point. Looks like alot of fun!

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Bishbk

Rank 0

Traveler I

Omaha
Hello Nebraskans!! Totally new to over landing! I'm glad I found this group. Are you guys planning another trip to Halsey? Do you guys recommend that place to a beginner like me? I just bought a 2018 4runner TRD off road so I'm looking forward to some adventure.

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hello Nebraskans!! Totally new to over landing! I'm glad I found this group. Are you guys planning another trip to Halsey? Do you guys recommend that place to a beginner like me? I just bought a 2018 4runner TRD off road so I'm looking forward to some adventure.
I would definitely suggest it whether your new or not. Its a pretty great place for camping or just day tripping it. Nice area for photography, getting your truck muddy, doing some sandy hill climbs or just hanging out by the dismal river.

Last edited: