Hello Minnesotans!

• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

So I won't be able to make tomorrow. Been dealing with a migraine for the last couple of days and it's not getting any better. If you want obviously you're more than welcome to still meet tomorrow, otherwise we can look at rescheduling. Up to you folks.

DarkMandalorian_Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Big Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Minion
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement
So I won't be able to make tomorrow. Been dealing with a migraine for the last couple of days and it's not getting any better. If you want obviously you're more than welcome to still meet tomorrow, otherwise we can look at rescheduling. Up to you folks.
Was there ever a facebook event made for this? Just curious if theres a headcount on who is all still going or who would rather reschedule.
Also, I just checked the weather for Afton. Over 50% chance of rain at noon, and a good chance of rain all day.

Last edited:

James77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Buffalo, MN, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
buley
Member #

Weather might be better to the north this afternoon.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Was there ever a facebook event made for this? Just curious if theres a headcount on who is all still going or who would rather reschedule.
Also, I just checked the weather for Afton. Over 50% chance of rain at noon, and a good chance of rain all day.
No there wasn't a Facebook event made. I think the headcount was 5-10.

DarkMandalorian_Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Big Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Minion
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement
Did anyone end up going today?

@toxicity_27, Once you are feeling better, you should create a Facebook event for it. Facebook is how I found out about the January meet in Buffalo and that was a nice turnout I think. I would be more than willing to help with any planning if you'd like!

Reactions: toxicity_27

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Any thoughts on a meet up in the near future?
I haven't had a chance to think about one. Been busy every weekend, and I'm booked the rest of the month. I won't have availability until after Labor Day and then I'll have to see what dates my next trip is planned. Might be able to squeeze it in between Labor Day and that.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

So it's looking like the weekend that I was thinking about doing the meet and greet there will be the Midwest Overland Society's Northwoods Rendezvous. Absolutely anyone can go (I'm hoping to try, but with it being right before a trip I'm not sure I'll be able to make it). I will post more information as I get it, and will make an event page about it after I get back from my trip this weekend.

Usually it's pretty low key, with trail rides Friday night, and all day Saturday and generally a cooking competition if you decide to participate in it. It's usually in the Foothills State Forest, and stay around Backus. You will get pinstripes if you do the trail ride, but it's not an overly difficult trail.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

So it's looking like the weekend that I was thinking about doing the meet and greet there will be the Midwest Overland Society's Northwoods Rendezvous. Absolutely anyone can go (I'm hoping to try, but with it being right before a trip I'm not sure I'll be able to make it). I will post more information as I get it, and will make an event page about it after I get back from my trip this weekend.

Usually it's pretty low key, with trail rides Friday night, and all day Saturday and generally a cooking competition if you decide to participate in it. It's usually in the Foothills State Forest, and stay around Backus. You will get pinstripes if you do the trail ride, but it's not an overly difficult trail.
So it looks like the details are still being hammered out, and probably won't be until next week right before this.. As soon as I find out I can let you know.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Sounds like no one planned it so everyone backed out.. It was actually a couple weekends ago.. I just got back from vacation so I'm trying to catch up now.

t-rex

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

MN, USA
First Name
rex
Last Name
nagel
Member #

I am hoping to go south again this year. Last year I went to Big Bend TX then White Sands NM then Joshua Tree NP in CA. All that by myself ... couldn’t get any type of interest or real response on this site. Whether it was my lack of site experience or lack of MN interest I don’t know but I’m trying again to get ideas or spark interest.

James77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Buffalo, MN, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
buley
Member #

I am hoping to go south again this year. Last year I went to Big Bend TX then White Sands NM then Joshua Tree NP in CA. All that by myself ... couldn’t get any type of interest or real response on this site. Whether it was my lack of site experience or lack of MN interest I don’t know but I’m trying again to get ideas or spark interest.