• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Hello MN Overlanders.

I am new to OLB and overlanding in general. I am an outdoorsy person and can probably hold my own, but I would love to get to know people in MN.

Rig: '17 Ram 2500 Laramie Limited
Experience: Camping, Hunting, Kayaking, Hiking, ATVing, and just about everything else outdoors.
Welcome! I'm the Minnesota region representative for Overland Bound. Take a look around, make yourself comfortable and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

t-rex

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

MN, USA
First Name
rex
Last Name
nagel
Member #

It is the second Thursday of every month at Crooked Pint in Maplewood, MN. This is not an OLB meeting, but a Midwest Overland Society meeting. Still overland related, but not everyone there is on this forum, and vice versa.
Hello, I am not new to overlanding but am new to getting together with OLB members and such. Have been to almost 30 state parks in MN and several places in ND. Would like to get together with others in the state but also am thinking on going south end of Jan, beginning of Feb 2020. Any ideas or experienced interested others?

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Hello, I am not new to overlanding but am new to getting together with OLB members and such. Have been to almost 30 state parks in MN and several places in ND. Would like to get together with others in the state but also am thinking on going south end of Jan, beginning of Feb 2020. Any ideas or experienced interested others?
We did a get together in the summer this year, was a small turn out at a state park south of the cities. I'd love to get something organized again for a meet and greet as it looks like more people in Minnesota are joining the forum. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

WaywardBound

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Osakis, MN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gorder
Member #

I know a guy that owns a brewery in Buffalo, MN that we could probably meet at...
We did a get together in the summer this year, was a small turn out at a state park south of the cities. I'd love to get something organized again for a meet and greet as it looks like more people in Minnesota are joining the forum. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Reactions: toxicity_27

DarkMandalorian_Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Big Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Minion
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement

I'm located in Big Lake, MN and am willing to travel a few hours (so anywhere mn, or east side of SD or nd, or even into wi or ia) to get together with group. My work schedule is weird so if we plan it at a minimum of a month or two out would be the best.

WaywardBound

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Osakis, MN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gorder
Member #

I'm currently working weekend shift, but that might be changing in the next month or two, so we'll see what happens...I'd rather travel to central or northern MN instead of going to the cities, but if everyone wants to meet up in the cities I will still go...

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I know a guy that owns a brewery in Buffalo, MN that we could probably meet at...
You had me at brewery. That might be a good place to meet up.

I'm thinking probably after the beginning of the year. With holidays, hunting, and schedules that might be the best bet for everyone. We can start working of figuring something out now so we can get the word out too.

t-rex

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

MN, USA
First Name
rex
Last Name
nagel
Member #

You had me at brewery. That might be a good place to meet up.

I'm thinking probably after the beginning of the year. With holidays, hunting, and schedules that might be the best bet for everyone. We can start working of figuring something out now so we can get the word out too.
Im all ears and dont mind taking off or staying at the town if it is quite a distance... Im good with a brew. Also ha.

t-rex

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

MN, USA
First Name
rex
Last Name
nagel
Member #

I'm in the lakes area near Alexandria, MN...more than happy to help with recovery, repairs, fabrication, and meeting any local members...
I am 45 mins from Alexandria and am up there quite often... Lots of nice places to eat.

t-rex

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

MN, USA
First Name
rex
Last Name
nagel
Member #

I talked to my buddy last night and he'd be glad to host us if we want to meet up in Buffalo sometime...
I am interested and will try to be flexible with the time, so if you all figure any time good for you andif you like, keep me in the loop.

WaywardBound

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Osakis, MN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gorder
Member #

I'm going to assume that by then I'll have changed jobs and will no longer be on weekend shift, so I'll throw January 11th out there just to get the ball rolling...the venue I had in mind is Hayes' Public House in Buffalo, MN and the owner Pugs Hayes is happy to have us come drink his beer...I can't promise anything, but I think it might be possible to get a tour as well...there are plenty of local places that deliver food to the pub (some weird law prevents them from serving food, so local businesses have offered to deliver their food to his pub, which is an amazing thing that they all help each other out)...here's the link to his website Hayes' Public House

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

i dont care for drinking myself but we do have a brewery in two harbors minnesota. castle danger brewery! next year we should have our new camp ground up and running in my town silver bay mn!
That would be awesome! If any of you guys want to come Austin, MN (SPAM Town USA) and do a meet up, I am totally game. I also have a pretty good set up garage with tools if any of you guys should ever need help if you ever drive past this direction.