Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bronx, NY, USA
First Name
Tyrone
Last Name
Bland
Member #

Hi! I joined about a month ago and have been trying to figure out this "community" forum. I was never an online forum person. I'm from Bronx(NY) and it doesn't seem like there's anyone or anything happening around me. I tried joining the Facebook group "North East", again not my thing but haven't gotten a response. So it would be interesting to meet someone from my area, everyone on here seem to be from anywhere but the north east. That's fine but...

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

In the past I found it best to get involved in some of the conversations In the threads. Then the activity tends to pick up. I was mindful of the locations and got involved particularly when I saw people in my general area. Met up with several OB members doing this and have made multiple acquaintances.

Are you new to overlanding?

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
Welcome aboard from your neighbour to the north. It may take a bit of networking, but this site has exploded in recent years and I'm sure you can find some folks that are more local to you.

Have you done much overloading yet, or just looking to get into it?

Reactions: Whitebeard

Whitebeard

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bronx, NY, USA
First Name
Tyrone
Last Name
Bland
Member #

In the past I found it best to get involved in some of the conversations In the threads. Then the activity tends to pick up. I was mindful of the locations and got involved particularly when I saw people in my general area. Met up with several OB members doing this and have made multiple acquaintances.

Are you new to overlanding?
Yes, I'm new. We go camping. hiking and take road-trips but, no long off road camping. I have an suv and live in the projects, lol. Can't imagine the Murano with a rooftop text sitting in the parking lot. Lol.

Whitebeard

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bronx, NY, USA
First Name
Tyrone
Last Name
Bland
Member #

Welcome aboard from your neighbour to the north. It may take a bit of networking, but this site has exploded in recent years and I'm sure you can find some folks that are more local to you.

Have you done much overloading yet, or just looking to get into it?
No. no overlanding yet. We do go camping and hiking and take road trips though.

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Hi from the wet coast :blush: It can take a bit and this year has been pretty tough on lots of folks getting out.

When you are posting for trips, add the length of trip you are looking to do, for example the local Land Rover group here does day , 2 day and 3-4 day trips during the year. Those work great for me but for 5 to 7 day trips I tend to solo it tough for people to get that much time off.

And include the type of trails you are comfortable with, basic gravel more technical. I understand down in the US you have trail ratings perhaps include the max level you are will to go on. Here in BC it is usually just go and turn a round if required, Jeeps, LR's, Toyotas or whatever there are no ratings we just figure it out

It is a process but once you start going out you will find a group that matches your rhythm.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I joined about a month ago and have been trying to figure out this "community" forum. I was never an online forum person. I'm from Bronx(NY) and it doesn't seem like there's anyone or anything happening around me. I tried joining the Facebook group "North East", again not my thing but haven't gotten a response. So it would be interesting to meet someone from my area, everyone on here seem to be from anywhere but the north east. That's fine but...
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
You might try the Member Map to send a message to all the members in your local area.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Whitebeard

Whitebeard

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bronx, NY, USA
First Name
Tyrone
Last Name
Bland
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
You might try the Member Map to send a message to all the members in your local area.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Gee, thanks for all the homework! Lol. Cool. Youth Tread? I guess I'll figure it. Thank you so Kent.