TemplarMonk

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Norris
My name is Michael but friends and family call me Tony.

I am completely new to this site and type of adventure. My plan is to hit the road at the end of July and I have been scrounging every piece of information I can from folks.

My first goal is to visit all of the locations that my favorite songs reference. The ultimate goal is Winslow, AZ.

I am excited about this new chapter in my life and this group.

TemplarMonk

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Norris
Thank you much. I've been through Jacksonville a few times. I am assuming your in Florida. My plan is to winter in Key West. Lived in Pensacola for a few years before joining the military.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I'll be Moving to Winston Salem soon. I love your idea of visiting cities in songs. I figure there should be a common thread to where you go. Music festivals, Baseball parks, National parks whatever. Cities in songs is as good a way to choose as anything I've heard. I was thinking of breweries, distilleries etc. When I make it down there we should plan a trip to some of those cities. Then visit the breweries LOL

In the meantime explore NC. It has a ton to offer. Ashville is great. 4th of July weekend I went to Uwharrie National Forest. Fun off road trails

Songfacts - Songs with names of cities in the title

List of songs about cities - Wikipedia

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Michael but friends and family call me Tony.

I am completely new to this site and type of adventure. My plan is to hit the road at the end of July and I have been scrounging every piece of information I can from folks.

My first goal is to visit all of the locations that my favorite songs reference. The ultimate goal is Winslow, AZ.

I am excited about this new chapter in my life and this group.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

TemplarMonk

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Norris
Appreciate that. I have lived here for the past 8 years and it will be my "base of operations" so to speak. I joined this community after researching how to live out of my vehicle while traveling.

Reactions: TerryD

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

Bath is a beautiful area. I don't get up that way much though.
I was gonna ask have you ever drove the forest road on top of Back Creek Mountain? It starts at 39. I’ve drive about a mile or two of it but never all the way across

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I was gonna ask have you ever drove the forest road on top of Back Creek Mountain? It starts at 39. I’ve drive about a mile or two of it but never all the way across
I have not, but I'm always up for a drive when I have time. Give me a shout the next time you're headed this way and we'll give it a go if I'm free! I need to go up around Back Creek and explore some. I've never been up to the lake either.

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I have not, but I'm always up for a drive when I have time. Give me a shout the next time you're headed this way and we'll give it a go if I'm free! I need to go up around Back Creek and explore some. I've never been up to the lake either.
Well they keep it gated most of the year except for hunting season. I have no idea where the road comes out or if it just eventually is a dead end

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

Well, I've turned around before, it won't be the first time! :laughing:
Haha same here. I went a little ways across it last October. Only went like 2 miles before I turned around and went back. It was pretty muddy from all the rain last year and I was by myself with no Maxtracks or winch so I didn’t wanna get hung up in the dark. And you know there’s no cell phone signal anywhere in that county lol

96768DFD-7B44-414D-B7DA-036DBC458223.jpegB97DAAAC-FDBE-426B-A112-ABA3681DD43A.jpeg