Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Haha same here. I went a little ways across it last October. Only went like 2 miles before I turned around and went back. It was pretty muddy from all the rain last year and I was by myself with no Maxtracks or winch so I didn’t wanna get hung up in the dark. And you know there’s no cell phone signal anywhere in that county lol
I'm a ham and there's pretty good repeater coverage from a few repeaters in Va and WVa in that area. That helps but I'd still have to hope I could get a hold of someone who could come get me! I've been lobbying for more local off-roaders and overlanders to get their license so I'd have folks to talk to and come get me!!!!

Reactions: l_vandyke

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I'm a ham and there's pretty good repeater coverage from a few repeaters in Va and WVa in that area. That helps but I'd still have to hope I could get a hold of someone who could come get me! I've been lobbying for more local off-roaders and overlanders to get their license so I'd have folks to talk to and come get me!!!!
About the only thing I’ve ever considering putting in my truck radio wise is one of those small Midland radios that picks up the midland Walkie talkies cuz we use those when we go hunting to keep track of where everyone is or anyone needs help dragging deer out

Reactions: TerryD