North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I just joined. I have a 1995 and 2015 Toyota Tacoma. Looking to upgrade one of them. I think I am going to start with the 1995. In my younger days I belonged to a motorcycle trail club (1989 Suzuki RMX 250). Now that I'm older it's time to slow down with less risk of getting hurt. That's it for now. Hope to get on the trail soon.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Welcome to the group! Either rig will perform well on and offroad, but one thing to consider is the warranty on the 2015 being voided by modifications. Good luck with the build and your adventures!

Reactions: Rubicoma

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Hello from Austin, TX. This is a very welcoming community. I'm sure you will find this forum useful, as you outfit your Tacoma(s).

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me to this community. I already feel at home and it has been less than 24 hrs. I have a lot to do to the '95 Tacoma and it will take time but have been looking up parts, watching video's and getting ideas of what I want. This is a great place to learn. I hope to make it to Overland Expo East this year and meet some Overlander's. If anyone knows of some trails near Richmond, VA please let me know. 73's

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
In the western Virginia region, we're working on a trip next month to Big Levels near Staunton. You'd be welcome to come out for that. We're also working on a statewide trip over a weekend through that area.

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
In the western Virginia region, we're working on a trip next month to Big Levels near Staunton. You'd be welcome to come out for that. We're also working on a statewide trip over a weekend through that area.
Thank you, I just might take you up on that offer. I am going to look at a couple of things on the truck this weekend. Temp in the low 80's not 100. And visit the local 4X4 store to see what they can do.

The1sojourner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Herdon, VA
Member #

Hi Terry and Jim, I am new to the forum and new to Northern VA. I would be very interested in joining any trips :) I checked the map and did not see any meet ups yet. -Charlie

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I just joined. I have a 1995 and 2015 Toyota Tacoma. Looking to upgrade one of them. I think I am going to start with the 1995. In my younger days I belonged to a motorcycle trail club (1989 Suzuki RMX 250). Now that I'm older it's time to slow down with less risk of getting hurt. That's it for now. Hope to get on the trail soon.
Hi Jim and welcome to OB! Looking forward to seeing the rig upgraded! Safe travels man, and enjoy those open roads!

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Received rock sliders on Wednesday. Receiving front bumper this afternoon. The build starts this weekend. Next on the list is a winch. I am going to try to make the northern VA meetup on Sunday in the '15. Hope to have the '95 ready for western VA end of month. @Jake Wettern | iamjake , you need to get Jade and bring her east. Waiting to see your upgrades as well.

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Received rock sliders on Wednesday. Receiving front bumper this afternoon. The build starts this weekend. Next on the list is a winch. I am going to try to make the northern VA meet up on Sunday in the '15. Hope to have the '95 ready for western VA next month. @Jake Wettern | iamjake, you need to get Jade and bring her east. Waiting to see your upgrades as well.
Hey Jim - Nice - sounds like a fun weekend with upgrades! I won't be hitting the east i the foreseeable future but, will reach out to you when I'm heading your way and want to checkout both o your rigs! I'll be getting back to Jade real soon and continue my CO state visit and then on to MT.