Hello from Vegas

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

We spend time in vegas, FL (gulf coast), NC (long story) and are pre-over landers IMO. I used to have an '88 4Runner I would run on the beaches in Corolla, NC (OBX). Miss that truck...

Love the West and we have tent camped Zion, Grand Canyon, Sequoia Natl (100 Giants trail!!), and other smaller places near vegas. Getting a bit of a hassle for the weekend warrior, single parent mode I am in so we have been learning by reading websites like this one.

Been researching the 4x4 truck camper options to make fun time easier (more enjoyable ), including handling of the hobie kayaks, fishing, cross country mountain biking. One to two adults, and one to two kids on week or less trips for the time being. Maybe a cool dog, too.

It will be a while until we get the setup that works but in the meantime we will transition with what we have. Plan to get the the FWC Hawk flatbed. Hope to find a used silver spur version and know that could take a while...

Looking forward to hearing/sharing good ideas and info. Pics later.

Take it easy,

RK
Aka Chuck E Cheese

Reactions: Tinker

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Welcome to the forums! Quite a wealth of knowledge to read/watch thru around here. Full size truck like that should make for a great platform for what you want!

Traveler I

Welcome to the forums! Quite a wealth of knowledge to read/watch thru around here. Full size truck like that should make for a great platform for what you want!
Thanks for the note tinker. I just got the Ram and love it so far. I accelerated my truck purchase since I found a great flatbed deal in the exact configuration I wanted (aluminum, big tunnel, integrated storage--Alumi-line). The 2500 barely fits in the garage but certainly will not with the flatbed, let alone the future FWC Hawk. At least the HOA won't kick my rig out until the camper is mounted...future problem to deal with...tent camping continues.