Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, TX, USA
First Name
Domingo
Last Name
Cruz
Hello there everyone!

Been a big fan of overlanding for a year or two now but due to being in college never really had the money to do much beyond some regular camping with the help of my Camry.

I just graduated college and decided to purchase a proper overlanding vehicle (with the help of my lovely parents) and am now the owner of an 08 4Runner SR5 4WD!

Texas seems limited on where I can properly off-road (legally) and that's what brings me to these forums. I love sharing new info and finding new getaways.

I love me some water, whether it be a lake, river, or ocean. So if y'all have any recommendations, feel free to pm me.

Glad to be apart of the forum and making new friends!

Here's a pic of my rig (be gentle, he's still growing).2020-05-28 12.00.06 1.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Domingo, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. I believe the closest (I realize in Texas "close" is a relative term) meet up to you would be in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

domingitty

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, TX, USA
First Name
Domingo
Last Name
Cruz
Hello Domingo, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. I believe the closest (I realize in Texas "close" is a relative) meet up to you would be in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to check out the links you provided.

And haha, yes, "close" is definitely a relative term here in Texas. However, Round Rock is only about an hour or so drive from my location. I might be able to stop by one day so thanks for the info.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to check out the links you provided.

And haha, yes, "close" is definitely a relative term here in Texas. However, Round Rock is only about an hour or so drive from my location. I might be able to stop by one day so thanks for the info.
Last month we tried something a bit different at the monthly meetup. @Mrprotaganist and I busted out a pair of skottles and made breakfast tacos.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there everyone!

Been a big fan of overlanding for a year or two now but due to being in college never really had the money to do much beyond some regular camping with the help of my Camry.

I just graduated college and decided to purchase a proper overlanding vehicle (with the help of my lovely parents) and am now the owner of an 08 4Runner SR5 4WD!

Texas seems limited on where I can properly off-road (legally) and that's what brings me to these forums. I love sharing new info and finding new getaways.

I love me some water, whether it be a lake, river, or ocean. So if y'all have any recommendations, feel free to pm me.

Here's a pic of my rig (be gentle, he's still growing).View attachment 159553
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Check out the meet-up Prerunner gave you the link to, it's in your backyard.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: domingitty

Stormcrow

Rank IV

Traveler III

Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bleakley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5DSB
If you haven't already, join the Texas Overland group on Facebook. There are a lot of downloadable route files on there. You might also want to join the Texas 4Runners - tx4r group on Facebook too. There's a fair bit of overlap between those two groups and this one. The tx4r group just had our summer run to Hidden Falls OHV Park this past Saturday. It wasn't overlanding per se, but OHV parks are a great place to practice your offroading skills in a semi-controlled area.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
If you haven't already, join the Texas Overland group on Facebook. There are a lot of downloadable route files on there. You might also want to join the Texas 4Runners - tx4r group on Facebook too. There's a fair bit of overlap between those two groups and this one. The tx4r group just had our summer run to Hidden Falls OHV Park this past Saturday. It wasn't overlanding per se, but OHV parks are a great place to practice your offroading skills in a semi-controlled area.
I dunno about the TO group. I was kicked out after three days, no reason given. I’m not going back.

domingitty

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, TX, USA
First Name
Domingo
Last Name
Cruz
I'm actually apart of both groups already!

Reactions: Stormcrow

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello there everyone!

Here's a pic of my rig (be gentle, he's still growing).View attachment 159553
That is a nice ride, try a web site called trailsoffroad.com for trails near you, welcome Domingo