Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Hello All,
I'm Simon Wolfe in Sunnyvale CA.

I like to go "old school" thus my rig is a 1962 Land Rover Dormobile we call Oliver. I'm pretty Novice when it comes to Overlanding. But we like camping and traveling. I'm looking forward to meeting many of you and hope to learn a lot from the group.

20160813DSC_0001.JPG

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Thanks! it's a but funky but gets the job done. I'm hoping to learn more about outfitting it right and this sure seem like the right place for that.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
That thing is awesome! You've definitely come to the right place! Welcome!

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I love it! Dude your in great area, lots of us around and are an awesome bunch. Look forward to seeing out on the road sometime

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Welcome. I'm in SF and we need to meet! You should also consider joining the Northern California Land Rover Club. I'm a former club President, and Erin (@erinw.rrc) is the current President, who lives in Santa Clara.

-Brenton

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Welcome. I'm in SF and we need to meet! You should also consider joining the Northern California Land Rover Club. I'm a former club President, and Erin (@erinw.rrc) is the current President, who lives in Santa Clara.

-Brenton
Hello, I'd like to meet up I love looking at other folks Rovers and other rights to get ideas and good information on "how to". Thanks for the information. I did look into the NCLR but the $100 membership fee is a bit too pricey for me.

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Very cool rig. do you have pics of the inside?
I just have the one and it is not very good. The seats fold around to make a small table or can be all laid flat to to make a bed that sleeps two. There are two "cots" up in the roof section that will sleep two more. However that males things a bit cozy, two and the dog is the way to go. It has a little sink and use to have a propane hob grill and ice box but a previous owner took that out. I have a little old Colman two burner stove where the hob grill was. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the grill as of yet.

Inside.jpg

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

@Simon Wolfe there's also the MendoRecce group. They aren't a club, just an active Google group mail list. A vast majority of the members are Series owners, including Timm Cooper, Linus Tremaine and TeriAnn Wakeman. They have an annual weekend camping trip at Cedar Camp in Mendo Nat'l Forest in early spring.

Reactions: Simon Wolfe

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

@Simon Wolfe there's also the MendoRecce group. They aren't a club, just an active Google group mail list. A vast majority of the members are Series owners, including Timm Cooper, Linus Tremaine and TeriAnn Wakeman. They have an annual weekend camping trip at Cedar Camp in Mendo Nat'l Forest in early spring.
Cool, thanks for the tip!

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

Hello, I'd like to meet up I love looking at other folks Rovers and other rights to get ideas and good information on "how to". Thanks for the information. I did look into the NCLR but the $100 membership fee is a bit too pricey for me.
Hey Simon,

Nice to meet you and welcome. If you'd like to meet some of the members, we do have a monthly meeting on the peninsula the third Thursday of every month. You don't have to be a member to attend and it's a great time to have a beer and chat about rovers. It looks like the organizers of the meeting aren't quite sure where to meet (everybody gets sick of the same old place), but I will send you an update once confirmed if you want to hang. Thanks.

Best,

Erin

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Really cool old rig! I hope to own one of those at some point in my life.
Hello, Thanks! They are out there and fairly easy to deal with. I'm sure at some point the "right one" will come along for you.