Launch Member

Traveler I

Seymour TX
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Dunn
Member #

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hope to meet each one of you some time.

Rum Runner

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

Just wanted to say. I'm truck driver that loves adventure, shooting, camping, hunting, and fishing. Been in every county in Texas, most of Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and a little in Mexico.

Rum Runner
Welcome aboard.

My dad actually grew up a few miles down the road from you, in Goree, where I spent many a childhood summers wondering the hills and back roads.

One of the best steaks I've ever had was prepared at a straw-bale-home-turned-restaurant, which was situated just outside of the Seymour city limits, and was named "The Last Straw"-(I think it closed down a couple of years back?).

JB

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Stone74 and Dusty

Dusty

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seymour TX
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Dunn
Member #

Hey JB I used to work at the Last Straw all through high school in the late 90s. Still friends with the owners. Wish it was still open. Who is your Dad? Me or my family might know him.

Rum Runner

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

Hey JB I used to work at the Last Straw all through high school in the late 90s. Still friends with the owners. Wish it was still open. Who is your Dad? Me or my family might know him.

Rum Runner
Howdy Dusty,

Our last name is Barger, my dad is Jack and his parents lived in that area forever...my grandmother was the Postmaster in Goree and my Grandfater-(Everett) owned a feed store amongst other things.

Ironically, I was stationed at Ft.Sill in Lawton, and drove down to The Last Straw to meet my folks for our final meal together prior to me flying out for Iraq...I guess that was early 2003. I guess it was shortly thereafter that they must've closed down.

You and I have probably bumped into one another somewhere along the way...that part of the Country is awfully small for the amount of area that it covers. Heck, I've still got several extended family members in and around Munday, Knox City, Seymour...however, it's been many many years since I was last in those parts.

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Dusty

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seymour TX
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Dunn
Member #

Yea they shut down sometime around there. Barger sounds very familiar. I'm sure we have crossed paths. I dated a Betsy Peek for a short time around that time. Her Dad James Peek owned that fueling station in Goree. Small world

Rum Runner

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Just wanted to say. I'm truck driver that loves adventure, shooting, camping, hunting, and fishing. Been in every county in Texas, most of Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and a little in Mexico.

Rum Runner
Welcome to Overland Bound Dusty!
Great looking Rum Runner.
Hope to hear more about your adventures!